Notification of device offline

Why is this taking so long to address/implement???

5 Likes

I wish I had read this thread before buying 5 ring cameras. I don’t know what is more frustrating: the lack of a basic function or the lack of response from Ring! Wish I had bought through Amazon so I could rate the cameras low.

5 Likes

Any update?? 8/12/21

2 Likes

What the heck is taking so long?
I have a number of cheap internet devices that do this? (like cheap flood alarm, etc.)

4 Likes

if you want this feature to be prioritized, please UPVOTE even if you’re just passing by this thread

3 Likes

I noticed this problem in late 2018 and contacted Ring many times. I was told to “check the app” to find out if it’s still online. I told them it’s not reasonable to ask customer to check the app constantly. I even sent them screenshots of this feature from other products. Finally they agreed to work on this and generated ticket #5c8730310d47a07bd43c2bd2 on March 11, 2019. It’s been 2+ years!!! What’s our option at this point???

5 Likes

Why has this still not been implemented??? Finding out the doorbell is no longer working only when you miss an expected delivery is irritating and dumb.

2 Likes

This is really required.
Hope the team of Ring will be able to find a solution.

4 Likes

Really frustrated to realize such a basic and common sense feature is missing. My husband is writing a task that will run in the system tray that pings the device periodically(we set a static IP) and will pop up a notification to me. Unfortunately I will need to be on my computer for this but for now it will have to do. Also annoyed because no other device drops off our network and we have a router satellite near the doorbell and the last recorded wifi signal is always good when we discover it offline again. Also annoyed that it’s apparently incapable of reconnecting itself even if there is a connectivity issue at some point, if the network were to improve or return.

2 Likes

Basic requirement for a security feature. Makes me hesitate to further invest in Ring ecosystem.

3 Likes

This is a major oversight. I am away often and it is ridiculous to not be alerted if the Ring goes offline and my home is not secure. This shouldn’t be hard and it’s way overdue.

2 Likes

A very basic and important feature, i just bought two cameras but without this important feature i will consider to invest in other brand

2 Likes

Agree 100%. This feature is vital for our family and we need it as soon as possible.

2 Likes

Crazy that this isnt already a feature. This is basic.

1 Like

This, for sure, needs to be added. We have Blink cameras that have this functionality so I know it is possible.

Has this been implemented yet!?! I switched from Nest to Ring for better integration with Alexa and it’s largely been a disappointment.

Any news on this ring… very basic and essential feature based on the number of times my plug in pro falls offline and needs a power reset.

2 Likes

I have wanted this for several years with the Ring Camera’s. It’s really annoying that a camera could be offline for sometime and you might not notice or be notified about it. Ideally I’d like to get notified if a camera was offline for say 5 minutes.

I’ve just missed a delivery due to the doorbell locking up, it didn’t occur to me that there would not be an option in the app to notify me if it was down.

as simple as

if automatic health check fails email user account or send notification in app

1 Like

Also joining on this. All my cameras dropped three days ago - no notifications.

PS - Ring, you’ve blocked me on Twitter for no discernable reason. What the hell?

3 Likes