No sound transmitted from phone to doorbell speaker

Hi. Started well with Ring3 but now in the myre of ‘Why wont this work?’

Everything else is apparently set up OK. I can see and hear from the camera and mic on the door bell (received in the app on my iPhone). But the other way (iPhone mic to door bell) produces no sound out at the doorbell speaker.

I’ve chacked the mic settings in settings/privacy and rhey are switched on.

What to do?

Update. I went on to download the PC based app on to my Windows 10 Machine and that proved that the sound out at the doorbell (sound input from the PC mic) is working so isolates my iPhone as the cause of the defect.

The quality of the sound is not good but thats a different issue.

Hi @Scamps. Good idea checking on another device to isolate the cause of this concern! When accessing the Live View on your iPhone, are you tapping the green phone icon in the bottom left corner? You’ll need to tap this to toggle the two-way audio on and actually speak through the Doorbell. I would also recommend that you uninstall the Ring App, restart your iPhone, and reinstall the Ring App. If the audio from your iPhone is still not able to be heard at the Doorbell after these steps, then you may want to contact Apple’s support directly to see what may be going on with the iPhone.

Hi
I have the same problem with a new Stick Up Cam Battery and iPhone 6s.
Everything works except the two way audio from the Ring app on the iphone.
In live view there is no sound from the iphone to camera. Mic is enabled.
If I log into my account from Google on the iphone there is still no sound.
If I log into my account on my Windows laptop the sound to the camera is OK.
I have tried all the recommended actions but nothing has worked.

Do you know if this problem was resolved?

I am in the UK and using a BT Smart Hub 2 router on fibre broadband.
Broadband speed is good and wifi signal is strong.
The only possible configuration issue is that the router is fixed dual band.
The Ring Camera and laptop are both using 2.4 GHz wifi whereas the iPhone is using 5 GHz. Neither device or router can change frequency.

I would be grateful for any help. Thanks

Hi @ajprangley. Since you have tried all the recommended basic troubleshooting steps and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. Our support team can take a more in-depth look into your concern before you have to reach out to Apple support if it’s isolated to just your iPhone not being able to use 2-way audio.