No Sound output on Ring Doorbell but it works when reviewing the recording?

Hi,

my Ring Doorbell stopped outputting any sound.

There is no Sound when pressing the Button on the Doorbell itself (which was working just fine like a few weeks ago).

Even when speaking into the app like using the microphone on my phone or alexa doesn’t play it back on the device itself. So I can’t talk to anyone on the door anymore.

If I review the Recording on the Ring app it seems just fine, like everything is working. The recording has a sound output but in real it is like muted.

I didn’t change anything on the device and checking everything like device status doesn’t show any error or warning. The Volume is also on max.

Rebooting the Device a few times also didn’t solve the problem.

Please help

Kind Regards

Hey @Ogaverse. Have you been in touch with our support team on this concern? If you have not already, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.