No snapshots on timeline ring doorbell

I purchased a ring doorbell a few months ago and recently noticed that snapshots no longer appear on the timeline .
I’ve tried to redo it in the settings by turning it off and on , uninstalled the app and set it up again but snapshots still do not appear on my timeline . They used to .
I have it set for every hr .
How can i resolve this issue ?

Snapshots should show up on your mobile Ring app Timeline, as long as they are enabled and your Ring device is subscribed to a Protect Plan. Here are some additional tips for using the Snapshot. Please note, these Snapshot images are automatically deleted after 7 days.

Snapshots are enabled in the app .
I have disabled then enabled . Deleted the app and reinstalled the app and snapshots still do not show on my timeline .
I have a ring protect plan as well

Any further ideas how to resolve this ?

1 Like

Snapshot not working for me either.

You’ve covered the best steps, @Mr_rusty! If possible try viewing on another mobile device to rule out many mobile device/ app variables at once. For a closer look at this, I recommend reaching out to support as they can consider some advanced options.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile: