No Smoke Detector option in UK app

We in the UK are able to purchase the First Alert Smoke & Carbon Monoxide Detector with z wave plus from amazon US but when trying to add it to the UK app the smoke detectors section is missing and although the First Alert is a z wave plus unit the UK app will not add this to it.

UPDATE Just found out they run on different frequency’s still, I will be asking First Alert the same questions and hopefully we can get a smoke detector that works with our Ring alarm system sooner than later.

I think its a no brainer to have this option available to the UK and possibly other non US nations and it seems strange we can have a mailbox sensor but not a smoke detector as most or nearly all the other alarm systems in this category have this as a standard add on…

So i am politely asking Ring to Please add the smoke detector option to the UK app ASAP as this would make the Ring Alarm System a more complete all round attractive purchase.

As the remote control unit has the Fire Alert button on it hopefully we haven’t succumb to the fumes before it can be pressed!

Again please get this added

Thanks

1 Like

You should post your idea in the Feature Request Board and let people vote. The more votes the more likely Ring might do something.
Just posting here, though useful in getting the idea out there, will likely result in no action by Ring developers.

2 Likes