No one can hear me!

Hi,
I can currently hear the doorbell on my IPhone plus my partners iPhone but the person at the door can not hear us when answered. I have tried a factory reset of the front door panel plus have unplugged the front door panel and left for over 10 minutes to see if this would help. I have checked that the microphone section on both phones are activated and they are. Any ideas? Could the speakers have possibly stopped working?

Hi @LGower26. Good call covering those troubleshooting steps. I recommend also removing and reinstalling the Ring app on your mobile device, and ensuring bluetooth and VPN is disabled.

If you are not tapping the green two way talk activation button during a live event, please do so to activate the mic and speaker. It is also worth checking the other apps on your mobile device to ensure none are running that might be conflicting with use of your microphone. Audio delivery can also be based on network connection. Although you are hearing visitors just fine, it’s always good to check signal strength. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing this signal strength. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Hi Marley_Ring,

Thank you for replying to me. I have had the doorbell for a number of years, it is only recently that i cannot hear those at my door. As i said, is it not just my phone it is happening on as it is the same on my partners phone. i have tried everything…factory reset doorbell, uninstalled and reinstalled app, checked microphone set up; turning off all other apps that use the microphone to see if this would work…it didn’t, changed router channels, checked Wi-Fi signal which comes back as a good strength, unplugged and left for a while then set back up, turned off event history timeline as this was a new feature and therefore possibly could have interferred with it but nothing seems to be working.

1 Like

Chiming in for @Marley_Ring ! Out of curiousity, what phone(s) are you using? Confirming when you say ‘unplugg’ you mean the doorbell right? Did you also try a reset of the doorbell?

Hi Jennifer_Ring
Sorry for the error in replying to email. I was at work and hit reply,
Ok, the phones being used are both iPhones, an 11 and an 8. Both phones are recording audio and we both can here the person at the door but they cannot hear us. The green ‘speak button’ is pressed but our voices are not heard. As mentioned previously all microphones are on and allow ring access

1 Like

@LGower26 Thanks for following up with us here! Since you have ensured that you have the settings correct and they still do not see to transmit that sound through the speaker on the Doorbell, it’s possible there is a concern with the speaker itself. To verify this, could you please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here? We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

I have the same problem; have tried all the resets, etc. Nothing works. After reviewing this issue in the Community, it appears to be a common issue and no one has provided a good solution. And frankly, I don’t want to spend hours on the phone with customer service. So frustrating.

I don’t know if this is the latest thread about this issue, but after having this issue on my phone with two different RINGs, I realized the RING app had no access to my microphone. Once access was granted under Settings, all good!

1 Like

Hi neighbors! If visitors at your door are unable to hear you through your Ring Doorbell, try the following troubleshooting tips and tricks:

• Ensure the Ring app has permission to use your mobile device’s microphone. You can find this option in your phone’s settings app under the Ring app specifically.
  • When activating Live View, make sure to tap the green microphone to activate the two-way audio.
  • While using the Live View and two-way audio, make sure that you’re speaking through the correct microphone on your phone. Some phones have microphones in different places for when you’re using the speakerphone option versus handheld.

If this concern persists, please follow up with our support team at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

Where can I find the activated mode

Hi @Mopete52722. I’m happy to chime in here. If you are referring to activating two-way audio, I will provide two examples of how to do so. I hope this helps!

In this view, or if the view is similar, tap on the microphone and speaker buttons to activate two-way
audio.

In this view , tap the green button to activate two-way audio.