No Longer Receiving Low Battery Notifications

Ring Team: Users have been asking for low battery notifications for Ring devices for a while now. I have had my Ring devices for several years now. I used to receive low battery notifications for them when I first got them around 2018, but no longer receive them. Currently, we must select each device separately, then go the settings, and then click on the battery icon to get the battery status. This is not efficient and does not work well when you have multiple battery operated Ring devices. This also increases the risk that our Ring devices could shut down if the battery dies and we are not at home to address it right away. There must be a way to reinstate or create low battery notifications via email or text again? Please advise. Thank you!

Yes! Same issue here. I even just noticed some of my alarm devices are offline. What kind of security is that? They don’t even tell you when there is a problem. Piece of junk.

1 Like

What the devil is the Ring team thinking?! Time to fire the VP of Marketing/Engineering. Removing email notification for low battery is a disaster. Putting this feature back should be on the list of highest priority features. This is the first Amazon product I’ve used that is going from good to bad. LET US KNOW WHEN THE FEATURE IS BACK and hire a better management team!

3 Likes

I just looked at all of my attached alarm devices. One of them has a low battery! What have been nice if they have actually told me that and emailed and alerted me!

Better watch what you post on here because they like to flag/remove posts that say anything negative about them.

1 Like

I just verified and the option to alert me via email and push is on and has been on. Never received any notices

2 Likes

Same here. I have never received a notification since I got my device. One day I’ll just notice it’s offline and sure enough the battery is completely dead. I can’t use the most sensitive motion detection at all either cause it dies in days. So stupid.

Back in the day we used to see the notifications, but not any more. Not sure exactly when it stopped but it is a real pain. I’d settle for notifications from the App if that was easier.

1 Like

Any solutions to this stupid situation from ring?

1 Like

I complained about this to support asking why notifications were no longer being received. I was told they were discontinued and I should check the app regularly. I asked why a notification could not be generated in the app or via text and the tech said he would pass these ideas on to their software team. It seems that such a simple thing, but I’m not holding my breath. If anyone know how to complain to Ring effectively, please let me know.

I have HAD it with Ring doorbell. I’ve missed too many deliveries because I had no idea my battery was low. With all their technology, they can’t figure out how to notify people when their doorbell batteries are low? I need to find another product for my doorbell.

What’s worse is that the plan prices have increased from £22.50 to nearly four times that. I have a hardwired doorbell - a kit sold by Ring - but it doesn’t actually prolong the battery life by more than a week or so, depending on temperature. I will be discontinuing my prescription. Am already looking for alternative security arrangements. Ring was never ask it was cracked up to be.