No live view or motion alerts

Having the same problem - timeline not working properly but recordings showing in history. Will try Jason’s suggestion👍🏻

I’ve got same problems.works perfectly on iOS but can’t get live view videos on time line on android

Hi there, neighbors! We appreciate the continued feedback and updates on your experiences. You are likely aware of our update regarding the Live View status from yesterday, in which this has been resolved as of Feb 10, 22:21 UTC, as mentioned at Status.Ring.com .

Our teams are also looking into your concerns with the Ring app Timeline, event recordings, and any persisting concerns with Live View. There are some great troubleshooting steps available throughout the Community, as it’s always good to cover the basics to be sure of the cause. Nevertheless, we will be sharing this feedback with our teams.

If the concerns mentioned in this thread are persisting for you, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Reaching out to our support team will help them perform advanced troubleshooting if needed, and document these concerns in their entirety, and individually, for our internal teams to review. Thank you for your patience and understanding neighbors!

Ahhhhhhhh

That’s no good. I am not at home during UK support hours except for one day a week.

You can’t just keep giving the same cookie cutter response. There is clearly a problem.

1 Like

I just hard RESET the device to the factory set. After reconnect to my app, it works again. Very disappoint, never expect have to do this.

Live view issue still not fixed for me, neither for many others as per the other thread with circa 120 posts.

Issue is with my Spotlight Cam battery, live view just stopped working out of the blue, having been pretty solid or a couple of years and I can’t figure out why… battery levels are good signal is strong at the camera etc. I’ve reset my router, IP address has been reserved/unreserved no difference, reset the camera, re-setup WiFi the works - nothing fixed it (all my other Ring cameras work fine (POE stickup and doorbell 2 to chime pro) motion detection still works without issue though, just live view that isn’t…

Rapid Ring makes no difference, nor does turning off advance motion detection. Same behaviour displayed on my Galaxy S9 as on my wife’s iPhone.

My spotlight is connected to and Orbi Rbk50 router with an rssi of circa 54 or ‘good’ - camera gets about 20mb down and 8mb up at the location.

No idea what’s going on, but suspect it’s to do with a firmware update on the camera…

It stopped working again about 30 min ago. WHAT IS GOING ON!

Mine isn’t working either no live view or motion alerts. It’s been off more than it’s been working since I purchased it a couple of months ago. Is anyone else still having this issue?

Hi, mine stop working (no live view, no motion notification) few days ago. Then try hard reset, keep fail connecting to my WiFi and keep saying I do not have working Internet connection. I tried setup using mobile hotspot, everything connected successfully. Is this ring server issue? Please help!

So an update.

Phoned support…finally at home at right time. Support insisted it was network…it is not. Speeds are too high for it to be network. Insisted that Chime Pro would fix the problem. So through the hoop I went.

Surprise, surprise the Chime Pro did not resolve the problem.

Now Ring are swapping the unit and I have wasted time and money going through this. I have to wait 10-14 days for it zzzzzzzzzzzz

Amazon will be getting the Chime Pro back.

I just want it to work how it did for the first three weeks. If it does I am a very pleased customer. Right now I am not.

yes, same problem, I just do not understand. I know loads with Ring doorbell who do not have this happening

We are now experiencing this same issue since last nights update. Camera isn’t working. Connection is good, it’s hardwired, and battery is full. No live view and no recordings/alerts.

Same here! What is going on with Ring!

I’m on the phone with support now. They are sending me a replacement. I imagine they are going to need to figure out this issue or they will be replacing a lot of doorbells. Either way, I’m super annoyed. This thing is 2 months old!

My ring door bell, stops working as soon as motion or door bell is activated. Otherwise live view works very well, i have contacted your team and reinstalled the app several times. I have the chime pro and WIFI is great at 100mbps. Battery is at 40% but. This even happens at 100% charged. Please help as this is a concern as we have missed all people coming into our home… thanks Peter

Like many others, I’m convinced that inconsistent live view is a Ring issue not mine. It would only load maybe one time in six, and I’d had a long conversation with a Ring agent. (Summary: it’s your system, nothing we can do)

The reason I find this difficult to accept is that I have a high-speed, 3-node mesh system, and one node is line-of-sight to the bell. My WiFi signal strength meter shows a good signal outside by the bell, and whether it connects or not seems independent of RSSI.

Also, if it doesn’t connect, and I change a video setting (doesn’t seem to matter which one) it then connects, which belies Ring’s poor-signal theory.

In my settings “tap to go live” is off because of the battery warning, but of course, the “tap” option appears on the dashboard, and that’s what I’ve been doing.

Recently, though, I went live by tapping the “Live” button instead of “tap to go live” and guess what? Connects every time.

The fact that:

• Connection seems unrelated to RSSI
  • Changing video settings makes it connect, and
  • Using “Live” works consistently and “tap to go live” doesn’t

tells me that this is a fundamental Ring issue, not WiFi.
I tried to explain this to the agent, but the only advice was to buy a WiFi extender.

Honestly, Ring, this is a doorbell (a very expensive one). it shouldn’t be so complicated, and it should work with perfectly functioning systems.

If your customers tell you switching to a competitor product solves the issue or they’ve done every troubleshooting step without success, I’d say you need your software developers to read the community pages, instead of just handing the problems back to your customers.

1 Like

I have the same issue. Fitted in November 2020, working fine until 07/02/21.
The Wiifi at door cam 30mb/a, bit will not connect to phone app. No live cam or recording.
I also question paying for something that is not fit for purpose.
Help please

Same here. This week one whole day without video/notifications and today no video until the afternoon and now none tonight. Doorbell is wired. Wifi is good and tested ok. Device health also ok. Getting fed up with it. Installed at Christmas.

Hi, I have the same problem as everyone one here. I lost my live view and notifications of motion on my video doorbell. It still shows motion within the app but doesn’t notify me. If someone rings the bell it will notify me. I have a download speed of 136mbps running on a mesh system. I have removed the doorbell and reinstalled it but no luck. The doorbell is within 8 metres of the router and is within line of sight.

What a surprise! A firmware update gives a massive improvement in connection and stability. So all the above customers were right, and however much they blame us, this is a Ring issue. Very poor.