Nightvision stopped working

Hi newbie here. My ring doorbell nightvision has just stopped working and it’s just black and can’t see anything.

Has anyone had this before?

Welcome to the Community, @Caz! The best thing to check first is the Color Night Vision feature, as this can make a difference in low light adjustment. This help center article will cover both color night vision and night vision troubleshooting steps in general. I recommend also checking the immediate area for lighting that might be bright enough to prevent night vision adjustment. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the welcome @Marley_Ring. I don’t have an option for color night vision in my settings and the light has not changed from when I installed my doorbell. I have also done a hard reset but that’s done nothing either. I’ve only had it couple of months and beginning to think I wasted my money.

Thank you for the quick response! It is quite odd to hear this happening, and not related to color night vision or settings. Just to ensure the hard reset is done properly, this is best accomplished by holding the setup button for 20 seconds. If you have a Video Doorbell Pro model, please ensure the Pro Power Kit is installed per the instructions.

Otherwise, this will likely need a closer look from our support team. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Feel free to let us know how it goes!