New Video Doorbell Pro won't go into setup mode after 1st day

On day one, the doorbell initially worked as intended, but only for the first “alarm” which was just me standing there. It then lost connection. I was able to get it into setup mode again, and connect to a different wifi network, but it never showed up online.

I tried several more attempts throughtout the day, and the last time it was able to enter setup mode the text was all jumbled on the “available networks” that were listed in the app. About 70% of the characters were correct, the rest were replaced with random numbers or letters. I put in the password one last time and gave it a go. It never connected.

After that the doorbell will have its light on (full white ring) and it slowly fades over the next few minutes. It’s still sort of on hours later, even the next day. I can do a “full reset” by holding the side button down for 30 seconds, and it seems to do that okay. It still never goes back into setup mode by pressing the side button.

I’ve tried leaving it for hours after “full reset,” I’ve tried turning it off for hours and then turning it back on for hours, and trying to get into setup mode again. Nothing I try seems to do anything other than doing a full reset eventually makes the full white ring turn bright for another hour or so.

I’m at my wits end, and apparently this is where I go for support.

Thank you all.

And yes, it has a brand new big honkin’ transformer and the funny little power module is installed in my door chime per the instructions.

The whole time my side door’s doorbell (old school ding-dong style) works just fine. It just goes “ding” now that there is the funny little power module installed, but that’s a-okay.

Hi @fishybell. Thank you so much for coming to the Community and describing your experience with the Doorbell Pro and what you’ve done to try to get it up and running. To ensure it was done, did you install the Pro Power Kit V2 when installing the Doorbell Pro? In addition, it sounds like the power is not going to the Doorbell Pro as it should, from the way you described the light pattern. I recommend checking out our Help Center Article here for more troubleshooting steps to take in regards to that.

If you’re still unable to get it up and running again, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.