New Ring Protect trial not activated

Just installed a new camera/flood light device, but it didn’t activate any free trial for the Protect service. I already had an existing Ring doorbell with no plan. But I want to try the protect plan now. How don’t get this started.

Hi @Chgomaverick! If you bought this device as new from Ring.com or an official retailer, it should come with a free trial, depending on retailer. To subscribe this device to a Protect plan, log in to your account at Ring.com and visit the “My Plan” section. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

I’m in the same predicament. Bought my 4th cam and its not doing the free trial. Was your issue resolved? Had no issues with my other 3 cameras.

Is Amazon an “official retailer”?

Hey neighbors. If you’re finding that you do not have the free trial when you have fit the requirements to get it, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

@Tex78745 As long as you are buying new from Amazon, this would be from an official retailer. Buying a used version of the product may result in it coming from someone else, and may have already had the trial plan activated for that device.

1 Like