New out of the box not working

Trying to connect to ring . My router/WiFi is fine . I can see it is connected to the WiFi , but it will not activate or connect. Keeps saying device is updating to latest settings , but never updates

Cant help, but I’m suffering the same…

Bell 3 Plus

Chimes pro 2nd-gen…

Both set up…showing as on-line…but nothing out of either of them.

RSSI -51 (Bell) & RSSI-66 (Chimes)

Door bell was fully-charged as soon as I got it (7 hours of charging…Realy??)

Installed 10pm last night, down to 58% battery as of 6AM this morning.

Both did a firmware update once initially connected to wifi.

I cant get any kind of live-view, just “Acivating Device”/time out

Having used a cheap £20 “Cleverdog” video doorbell for the last 5+ years without issue, except now the internal battery died & cant be replaced, I thought I’d upgrade to a Ring doorbell…so far, bigest mistake ever…

Puhing the doorbell button I get no notification on my phone/chimes, just a quick “chirp” from the door-bell its self.

Suggestions?

Hi neighbours! Video connection concerns are often related to wifi, mobile device, or Ring app communication variables. The best first thing to check is your wifi signal strength, or RSSI, which can be found in the Device Health section of your Ring app. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing this signal strength.

As you mentioned seeing an update, it is best to allow the update to complete without interruption, especially for a first time setup. This update can take several moments, but this will depend on available wifi resources. If this concern persists, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available [here](http://(https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/213608406). We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: