New keypad gen 2 won't charge

Hi,brand new gen 2 alarm system.keypad has been plugged in for 24hrs but won’t hold charge. Any ideas?

Thanks

L

It looks like a faulty keypad. I would return for a replacement, or contact Ring Support.

Hi @lyoung79. I would try performing a reset on your Keypad. You can do this by using a pushpin and holding the reset button down for 10 seconds. This Help Center article here has some great information on troubleshooting your Keypad. I hope this helps.

Yeah had to get keypad replaced. New one working as it should

2 Likes

Hey @lyoung79. Glad to hear that our support team was able to help!

1 Like

Same issue here, although I have had my Ring Alarm and accessories for a while now. The second keypad I have won’t charge at all now and is completely dead. Is there an specific warranty period for the keypads?

Hi @kyokazuni. You can find more warranty information here. If you’re not sure what the warranty on your device itself is, you can always give our support team a call and they can check for you as well as help troubleshoot and concerns. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: