Neighbour app outside USA?

Hi,

Am new to this forum, so apologies if posted/covered elsewhere

Primary reason for opting for Ring, was the promoted/advertised ability, to share and view videos of local events/bad guys - a very useful (and unique option, to the best of my knowlegde)

Having installed doorbell 2 and tried to use this option, I am now told the required app, is only available in the USA!

Why?

I have seen no reference to any country specific options, on any marketing material. Have I missed something?

If this is true, does anyone know of a “development roll out plan”, otherwise, this will be going back in the box

I am in the UK

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Hey @Mudlark63. At this time, the Neighbors section of the Ring app and the Neighbors app itself are only available in the US. I have passed on your feedback and desire to have this also available in the UK, but after checking if there was an ETA, there is not one at this time. As we value our neighbors’ feedback, I’ve made sure your point has been heard.

Additionally, to further drive your want for this, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. With more shown interest for this feature to be available in the UK, the better!

Please feel free to check out https://nextdoor.co.uk/.T his is a similar service like our neighbor’s app offers, whom works with Ring as well to share any photos or videos you have to your neighbors around you!