Neighbors shows location B when location A is selected in App

I have a Ring video doorbell at “Location A”, I recently installed a Ring video doorbell for my mom at “Location B” using 2 separate accounts. From her account I sent a share request to my email address, clicked on the link, and now I have access to her video doorbell. At the top of my phone, I see both locations now and select which camera to view and change options on. However on my phone, at the top of the screen I will select “Location A”, my camera, then click the Neighbors button. I get my Mom’s feed at “Location B” so cant see any of my “Location A” events. Only hers. And cant seem to change it. No matter what menu I go to, everything shows “Location A” up until I select the Neighbors settings, that shows me “Location B” info. If I click Change, it tells me to go to the menu, select the location to change it, but that takes me back to the same “Location B” settings I cant change. If I choose her “Location B” at top of screen, then go into the settings, I see her settings and cant change it.

Hi @RustyJones. Thanks for going into detail to explain what you’re seeing on your end. This shouldn’t be happening, so I’d recommend uninstalling the Ring App, restarting your phone, and reinstalling the Ring App. If that doesn’t do the trick, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here so they can take a deeper look at this. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I think the problem is the Neighbors option is disabled on the website. If I turn it on, it does turn on, but them immediately turns itself back off again. So I don’t see it on the phone.

Just thought id check, see if anyone had any ideas how to enable Neighbors? I get the same result if I enable Neighbors in the app on phone, or the website on my PC. I can move the slider to enabled, it confirms its enabled, but if I refresh the screen or go to another option and come back, its disabled again.

Update, decided to call Ring support. They were unable to help sort of, they tried uninstalling the app, installing the independent Neighbors app (which only loaded a blank page), nothing worked. But while on hold with the rep checking with others there, I figured out the issue. My address was wrong according to Ring’s database. I entered my address manually when I got the doorbell as it was a new house, new street, and the address didn’t register in Ring’s database of known addresses at the time. I’m guessing sometime in the last few months they updated their database, changed their application programming, or something? But since my address I manually entered did not match their database of verified addresses, the Neighbors function would not show up in the app or enable in the settings. So I went into the settings, chose the change address option, typed in my address and picked it from the drop down, rather than manual entry even though it looks the same. And now because the street and house number exists in their system, and is “verified” the Neighbors button is back. So I guess never use manual entry, always pick the address from the drop down, even one that is nearby, so it will work.

1 Like