Neighbors app with incorrect address, Ring app has correct address

Hello all,
I noticed the Neighbors App has a totally different address than my Ring App (which does have the correct address). I’m unable to utilize features with the neighbors app since its showing a totally incorrect neighborhood.
Does anyone else have this issue?

Hi @Sdw4g63! Is your Neighbors app address showing an old or recently added location, or completely unknown and different location? The best first step will be to remove and reinstall your Ring app on your mobile device. Try also to start a new setup in the Ring app, get to the location step and save your desired location. Once saved, exit that setup and return to your Neighbors app preferences to see if the proper location shows up. Let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

Hi. The Neighbors app is showing a completely incorrect address, not a previous address. I tried the steps you mentioned above but there was no change in the neighbors app. The Ring app has the correct address stored.

Thanks for the update, and for attempting those steps. An entirely incorrect address should not be showing in the neighbors app. I recommend reaching out to our support team for more in-depth troubleshooting. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

I have had the same problem for over a year. I contacted support and they tried many things to fix it to no avail. They told me they would escalate my concern and get back to me. I am STILL waiting. Would love to konw if you obtain a solution.

1 Like

Same problem here. Only one address in my account now, but my neighborhood continues to be over three years old. Only one device is set up, and it’s address is correct. This is insanely frustrating. No support advice is relevant or helpful, and trying to contact support seems to always lead back to these forums. Clicking on your suggestion to “contact support” leads directly back here (see screenshot).

You are right on target. No help from Ring. I love their products (have lots of them). Just wish I could get the neighbors app location to be where I live - NOT 5 miles away. Let me know if you get anywhere with them!

Same problem, removing/reinstalling from the shared user android did not fix. But, deleting the shared user and then reinviting them DID work. I used the same email address for the reinvite. Hopefully this helps someone.

Hi neighbors! To correct the location shown in your Ring app you will need to update the address by re-entering it in settings. Follow the steps below to update the location in your app.

• Ensure your Ring app is up to date.

• App versions required: 5.49 (iOS) or 3.49 (Android) or higher.

• Open the the Main Menu in the Ring app by tapping on the three lines on the top left corner.

• Confirm the location you would like to update is selected at the top, then select Settings .

• Select Change Address.

• Tap Edit Address.

• Note: If you have Professional Monitoring as part of your Ring Alarm, you will be switched to self-monitoring. You will need to update your preference in the monitoring section in the Ring app to Professional Monitoring, this will confirm your updated address for monitoring.

• Input your address, when you begin typing it will auto populate options in a drop down that you can choose from as well.

• Confirm your address is correct on the map.

• Confirm the name you’d like for your Location.

• You are all set with an updated location!

Please let us know if you have any further concerns with the location in your app. Thank you for being a great neighbor! :slight_smile:

1 Like