Neighbor of the Month - US - January 2021

Hi neighbors, we are excited to announce our January 2021 US neighbor of the month!

Neighbor of the month is our continued way of showcasing a neighbor who has actively participated in the Community in a positive way and thank them for all their efforts. Whether they’re sharing their experience or starting a new discussion, these neighbors give helpful tips and feedback whenever they can.

@pdeethardt has been selected as our Community neighbor of the month for January 2021. Thank you for all the support and positive insights you have added to the Community! Same as every month, we have a special set of questions for them to answer. Check out @pdeethardt’s answers below to get to know your fellow neighbor a bit better!

• How did you first hear about Ring?
    I was aware of the Ring Doorbells for some time, but I was introduced to the Ring Spotlight Cams after I had a burglary. I started researching security cameras, and a friend of my suggested the Spotlight Cam as she had one that was working great.

• How long have you been a Ring neighbor?
    I installed my first Ring devices (Spotlight Cam Battery) last summer, so I’m very new.

• How many Ring devices do you have?
    11 devices currently.

• Which Ring device is your favorite and why?
    My favorite device is the Floodlight Cam. I just installed one to replace an outdated conventional floodlight on my garage, and it works great. The motion detection is excellent, and the lights on it are the perfect color temperature and brightness in my opinion.

• **On a scale of 1-10, how “smart” is your home? **
    I’d say a 3-4. I have an older house so it’s hard to retrofit some of the new smart devices, but I’ve been trying out smart light bulbs and that sort of thing.

• What type of smart phone and router do you use with your Ring devices?
    I use an iPhone X and a Netgear Orbi RBK50 mesh system.

• Have you had any positive, and/or funny Ring stories? If so, what happened?
    My niece and nephew really enjoy using Alexa to display the Live View from the cameras on my TV. They have fun talking through the cameras to other family members.

• What is your favorite feature about your Ring device?
    I really enjoy how all of the devices can be linked together to activate lights and/or cameras. It’s awesome having all the lights in an area come on when one of the devices detects motion. I purchased a Video Doorbell during Black Friday, and I plan on linking that to my Spotlight Cam in the front to ensure it’s recording if someone rings the doorbell.

• And for a fun question: What is your favorite dessert?
    This is a tough one: I actually have a tie between two. Funfetti cake and cheesecake are my favorites.

Thanks again for being an awesome neighbor, @pdeethardt! Let us and the Community know how you like your Ring swag care package.

2 Likes

Funfetti is my favorite too, @pdeethardt !! Thanks for being part of this Community :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@pdeethardt CONGRATULATIONS!! :smiley: :smile: :grin:

4 Likes