Hi neighbors, we are excited to announce our third neighbor of the month!
Neighbor of the month is our continued way of showcasing a neighbor who has actively participated in the Community in a positive way and thank them for all their efforts. Whether they’re sharing their experience or starting a new discussion, these neighbors give helpful tips and feedback whenever they can.
@brad has been selected as our Community neighbor of the month for October 2019. Thank you for being such an informative and engaging Community neighbor! Same as every month, as a way for us all to get to know each other better, we have a special set of questions for @brad to answer.
How did you first hear about Ring?
– I really cannot say, maybe advertising, and I know a few people who have a Ring device. When I went looking for new alarm and camera systems, Ring was on my list. I started reading reviews . . . I liked the new technology, that amazon is behind Ring, the product integration, the real person support. The Ring Protect Plan helped push Ring over the top (everything included for $10/month).
How many Ring devices do you have?
– I have the Ring Alarm with about 20 contact sensors, some smoke detectors, a few range extenders, three keypads, and a few motion sensors . . . a Doorbell Pro (with the Ring power supply) . . . one Chime . . . 4 POE Stick up Cameras . . . one indoor camera. I will likely continue to add more.
Which Ring device is your favorite and why?
– I can say the one that is the most important, and the one I started with . . . the Ring Alarm Kit. It forms the base of my home security systems, so I suppose that makes it my favorite.
On a scale of 1-10, how “smart” is your home?
– Maybe an 8. I am sure there is more I can do, but between the Ring devices, the amazon Alexa devices, and others . . . I am getting there. My house is ethernet wired. I enjoy the technology. I say 8 because I could integrate things better.
What type of smart phone and router do you use with your Ring devices?
– I am an Apple ecosystem person, so the iPhone and I have three Apple Airports in the house (ethernet connected) for wifi coverage.
Have you had any success stories? If so, what happened?
– My success story is the Ring implementation. I took a lightning hit that destroyed my old security system, camera systems, and many other things. Within a few weeks I had all the Ring systems operational. That included research, ordering, installing, seeing what else I needed, repeat. The few times I ran into issues, Ring phone support was outstanding. When I got done, I was amazed how easy it was. I am hoping not to have a success story using the devices!
What is your favorite feature about your Ring device?
– The integration of all the pieces. The cameras can sound the chime, the doorbell can activate a camera, the alarm can start the cameras . . . and I expect Ring to continue to add more features as time goes on.
And for a fun question: What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
– Cherry vanilla.
Thanks again for being an awesome neighbor, @brad ! Let us and the Community know how you like your Ring swag care package