Hi neighbors, we are excited to announce our March 2020 neighbor of the month!
Neighbor of the month is our continued way of showcasing a neighbor who has actively participated in the Community in a positive way and thank them for all their efforts. Whether they’re sharing their experience or starting a new discussion, these neighbors give helpful tips and feedback whenever they can.
@Mannyshere14 has been selected as our Community neighbor of the month for March 2020. Thank you for all the support and positive insights you have added to the Community! Same as every month, we have a special set of questions for them to answer. Check out @Mannyshere14’s answers below to get to know your fellow neighbor a bit better!
How did you first hear about Ring?
- I did a search on YouTube for the best WiFi security alarm and RING was one of the best!
How long have you been a Ring neighbor?
- I joined in December 2019.
How many Ring devices do you have?
- I have the RING alarm system including motion and door sensors, then I have 4 wired spotlight cams.
Which Ring device is your favorite and why?
- It has to be the alarm system simply because it is so easy to install and add new sensors, as well as arming and disarming - can’t fault it!
On a scale of 1-10, how “smart” is your home?
- Very smart, I would say an 8.
What type of smart phone and router do you use with your Ring devices?
- I use an iPhone, and so do the majority of my shared users, also android and not forgetting a few android tablets! I have a Ubiquiti UniFi dream machine router.
Have you had any positive, and/or funny Ring stories? If so, what happened?
- My dad disarmed the alarm when he got up really early. He must have been still asleep, as he forgot he had done that and armed it again and decided to walk right into a sensor and set off the alarm. We all got up though, nice and early, that morning! But it was reassuring to experience that, as it proved its purpose and I got a call within the allocated time telling me the alarm was triggered - so it all works as it is supposed to! Mind you, dad hasn’t done that again, so I am sure he wanted to really test it!
What is your favorite feature about your Ring device?
- I do like the 2-way talk on them; it’s been very useful and entertaining.
And for a fun question: What is your favorite dessert?
- Hard one… I would have to say Black Forest gateau!
Thanks again for being an awesome neighbor, @Mannyshere14! Let us and the Community know how you like your Ring swag care package.