Neighbor of the Month - February 2020

Hi neighbors, we are excited to announce our February 2020 neighbor of the month!

Neighbor of the month is our continued way of showcasing a neighbor who has actively participated in the Community in a positive way and thank them for all their efforts. Whether they’re sharing their experience or starting a new discussion, these neighbors give helpful tips and feedback whenever they can.

@su_A_ve has been selected as our Community neighbor of the month for February 2020. Thank you for all the support and positive insights you have added to the Community! Same as every month, we have a special set of questions for them to answer. Check out @su_A_ves answers below to get to know your fellow neighbor a bit better!

How did you first hear about Ring?

A friend of mine shared some odd looking animal in front of the house. Then I remember I had watched the Doorbot pitch at Shark Tank.

How long have you been a Ring neighbor?

Since Black Friday 2018 when I got a great deal on Ring Spotlight Cam Batteries and Ring Alarm and realizing the I would pay less for the equipment and Ring Protect Plus than my current alarm renewal.

How many Ring devices do you have?

2 Spotlight Cam Battery, Ring Doorbell Pro and Ring Alarm (with First-Alert smoke/COs).

Which Ring device is your favorite and why?

Ring Alarm. I feel it’s as good or even better than all the traditional systems.

On a scale of 1-10, how “smart” is your home?

8. I would love all devices to be interconnected with HomeKit, Google, or Alexa, and need a few more dimmers/switches.

What type of smart phone and router do you use with your Ring devices?

• I have a router running open source code, as well as a mix of WiFi access points from different brands. I believe in best of breed. I am a WiFi engiNERD…

Have you had any positive, and/or funny Ring stories? If so, what happened?

We always sign up for courtesy Police checks when we go on vacation. I thought they would simply do a drive-by check. Was shocked when I saw the police officer come to the front door and rear doors and check to make sure they were locked. He even placed a package that had just arrived somewhere that would not be seen from the street.

What is your favorite feature about your Ring device?

Telling Alexa “I’m leaving” which arms the system.

And for a fun question: What is your favorite dessert?

Ice cream!

Thanks again for being an awesome neighbor, @su_A_ve! Let us and the Community know how you like your Ring swag care package :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Congratulations!

3 Likes

Thank you for the Ring swag!

Now I’m ready to enjoy being “cozy” in my Death Star, or out and about the Galaxy, feeling comfortable that Ring is protecting me against Rebel attacks.

Darth su_A_ve

3 Likes