Neighbor of the Month - April 2020

Hi neighbors, we are excited to announce our April 2020 neighbor of the month!

Neighbor of the month is our continued way of showcasing a neighbor who has actively participated in the Community in a positive way and thank them for all their efforts. Whether they’re sharing their experience or starting a new discussion, these neighbors give helpful tips and feedback whenever they can.

@5150Joel has been selected as our Community neighbor of the month for April 2020. Thank you for all the support and positive insights you have added to the Community! We appreciate @5150Joel , as he has gone above and beyond to help others to make the neighbor experience better. Same as every month, we have a special set of questions for them to answer. Check out@5150Joel’s answers below to get to know your fellow neighbor a bit better!

• How did you first hear about Ring?

• I first heard of Ring from commercials. I have some coworkers that have various Ring products. After hearing their experience with Ring I decided to switch to Ring Cameras. I was very impressed with how they worked in comparison to what I had at the time.
  • How long have you been a Ring neighbor?

• I got my first Ring Stickup Cam about 13 months ago, and the Ring Alarm last October.
  • How many Ring devices do you have?

• I have 6 cameras, all wired: Stickup, Spotlight, Floodlight, Doorbell Pro, and 2 Indoor Cams.
    • Ring Alarm with several extra sensors.
    • Ring Bridge and transformer, and a few of the smart spotlights and floodlight.
  • Which Ring device is your favorite and why?

• Probably my Doorbell Pro because it works so very well, but the Ring Alarm is a very close second.
  • On a scale of 1-10, how “smart” is your home?

• Maybe a 6. I have an Alexa routine linked to my Ring alarm and my Bond Bridge (which controls my ceiling fans). When motion is detected by Ring Alarm motion sensors, the Alexa routine turns on my fans, or turns them off pending how long it’s been since motion was last detected by Ring.
  • What type of smart phone and router do you use with your Ring devices?

• I have an outdated Samsung S8, but I’ve always been an Android guy. I had a Nighthawk R7000 that worked well until it didn’t. Just recently replaced it with an Asus RT-AC3100. So far so good, but the jury is still out on that router.
  • Have you had any positive, and/or funny Ring stories? If so, what happened?

• Nothing specific, but the outside cameras have caught several funny candid moments of us!
  • What is your favorite feature about your Ring device?

• It’s not just one thing about one device, but I’ll say for the most part (at least from my experience) Ring devices simply ‘work.’ I’ve had very few problems and am still very happy with my purchases a year in. One of the things I absolutely appreciate is how transparent Ring is when there is a problem with their services (as shown in the Ring System Status within the app or from the webpage). The company I used to use was a nightmare trying to determine if the problems (and they were very frequent) was on your end or their end. The fact Ring offers https://status.ring.com/ is fantastic!!
  • And for a fun question: What is your favorite dessert?

• No contest: cheesecake!

Thanks again for being a wonderful Ring neighbor, @5150Joel! Let us and the Community know how you like your Ring swag care package. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

When my kitty gets out it comes to front door, it rings and I, love it! let her in

3 Likes

Congrats, @5150Joel ! Thanks for being a great neighbor in the Community :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you all so very much! I really appreciate this, and even more so appreciate the availability of this community forum! I’ve learned a good bit since I joined last fall and often reference these forums as a valuable resource.

2 Likes

Got the stuff today, thanks again. Enjoying an after work beer from the coozie, while one of my cats claimed the stress ball!

If you like cats check out the attached pic. If you’re not a cat person you probably should be lol!

(kidding)

4 Likes

Congratulations!

2 Likes

@5150Joel That’s awesome! My cat has also claimed my Community swag as well. :joy_cat: Your cat is so beautiful! :catvery-happy:

2 Likes

Love black cats and THAT’S a beautiful cat! We have another long-haired black cat not in my pic.

1 Like

Congrats @5151Joel !!

2 Likes