MyQ integration available in Canada

Completely agree, equally misleading. You think after years of feedback that they’d at least provide a few disclaimers up front to avoid dissapointing Canadian customers. Strange that a company that pride’s itself as being customer centric and caring has the blinders on with respect to Canada.

1 Like

Agree with above and requesting this feature too.

1 Like

Cheaper to replace ring than my garage door opener, it was a good run ring. Goodbye.

Good day,

I purchased a Ring system and MyQ-enabled garage doors specifically because it was advertised that it worked together. With that in mind I purchased even more Ring devices, prior to my garage doors being installed.

Having tried now to add the doors, I have been informed that MyQ does not connect in Canada.

Please update this ASAP as I now feel this to have been false advertising.

1 Like

Same boat here… I decided on both system because they were supposed to work together

1 Like

I have the same situation, not be available in Canada? Why?

2 Likes

Very frustrating buying something direct from ring which was touted as easy to install and set up, get it working, and then find out it’s not enabled for Canada. I assume there are legalities around it, but this seems like a no brainer - or at least give a better warning when purchasing outside of the US.

1 Like

In the myQ app I can see the option to integrate with Ring but then I get an error to check my internet connection when I try to enable the link.

On 2 Ring support calls and 2 myQ support calls nobody seemed to know this isn’t supported in Canada. I did wonder why I couldn’t see a garage doors option in the Ring app but assumed the link had to be done from the myQ app for some reason.

Why don’t we have this feature in Canada?

There should also be a better error message in the Ring app if a 3rd party app tries to access an unsupported feature.

2 Likes

Just saw this thread AFTER buying and installing the myQ hub. Sigh.

1 Like

Been trying to make this work for weeks and just found this. Ring - Please add this option for Canada…simply ridiculous it isn’t in the Canadian version of the app.

1 Like

I’m in Canada and need to link myQ to the ring app so that I can control my garage door openers from the ring app. However, it seems that it’s only available in the US. Would you please make this happen in Canada as well? I don’t understand why Ring has this limitation. Sigh…

1 Like

I am disappointed to still see that many third party devices available for integration with Ring in the US are not available in Canada. For example, I have seen many posts that request clarification on why MyQ garage door opener integration is not available in Canada. There are also a number of other third party apps including Level Locks, Moen Flo Shutoffs, etc. that show up under “Set Up a Device” on the Ring app if you have a US address but not a Canadian address. You can add them to your Ring app if you change your address to a US address and then back to a Canadian address, as the devices remain on the Ring app for the Canadian address, and all work well (so it’s not a functionality issue between the US and Canada). You can’t share them under Shared Access so it makes the usefulness of the integration (especially for locks) very limited. You are forced to use other home integration apps (like Apple HomeKit and MyQ to provide access to these third party devices) making the utility of the Ring app limited. I encourage Ring to not differentiate between US and Canadian device setup and allow your Canadian customers to get the benefits that your US customers currently have. It was suggested by your technical Support that I post on this Community to get a response to this request. I look forward to the feedback.

2 Likes

I’m sure it’s a Ring issue. For example MyQ works fine in Canada and the integration works with a US address. When you change your address back to Canada the MyQ device setup remains and works well In the Ring app. You just can’t share it. An easy fix for Ring is to not differentiate between Canada and the US as the functionality is there and it works. If it’s a contractual issue Ring should be able to comment on that The Ring agent I talked to checked with their lead and indicated they are working on it but provided no details.

1 Like

Finally a work around!!!

A user of RFD (RedFlag Deals) at shared this post
A good way to add network connectivity to a a dumb garage door opener.
The myQ app works alright.

There is also a workaround to connect it to a Ring alarm system (discussed in past threads about Ring alarms):

Configure Ring alarm and myQ separately
Open the Ring app, temporarily change the address to USA
Open the “add devices” menu, a few previously unavailable categories should appear, including garage door controllers
Add relevant myQ devices (link myQ to Amazon and Ring, Cdn account credentials work)
Change the address back to Canada

This may or may not work in configurations with Shared Users.

Don’t change the address. Add a new location and then delete it later.

I followed this and was able to add the MyQ garage door to my Ring account

2 Likes

I’m wondering why the My Q garage door linking is unavailable in Canada?. Can this please be added for us.

Thanks in advance.

Please add parity for features between Canada and US or adjust pricing to reflect.

Not fair that after conversion our subscriptions cost more and we dont get features like motion warning or myq integration that the US does.

Please enable MyQ Garage door openers for integration for Canadian Customers.

I am not sure why this would be restricted to just being a US things.

2 Likes

As a Canadian, I am very disappointed to find out that integrating MyQ garage door app and Ring is not possible and that it is only possible in the US. Why would this be different? I go on MyQ, and it states that Ring works with it. I have a son who has gone blind, and this would be really good for him. It would help him know if the garage door is open or closed. From an accessibility point of view, this is extremely important. This is just not a nice to have. I only found out in this Ring forum that this is not available in Canada but is in the US. Please make it available here. Thanks.