My ring pro is not what it used to be

What is the deal with the ring pro. For a while now it is laggy and choppy with video and audio. If I talk through it you can’t understand very well. I have by passed my old chime box and got a ring chime box, upgraded my transformer to a 16v30ac, have fast internet service, my voltage says it’s good, my connection says it’s good. I just got a replacement doorbell sent to me and I have the same issues. Is this a network thing anyone else have this problem?

Hi @suzukicruser! Excellent work checking on your power and wifi speed resources. If resources are sufficient, audio/ video quality should work as intended. I recommend checking which frequency you are connected to, as 2.4 Ghz is often better with communicating over distance than 5 Ghz is. Please also check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing this signal strength.

Once the connection strength is optimized, the next best thing to check is mobile device and Ring app communication. Removing and reinstalling the Ring app is a quick way to ensure it is up to date and optimally integrated with your mobile device. On your mobile device, try testing video on wifi only, and then on data only, to see if either connection is more efficient. Please also ensure bluetooth and VPN is disabled. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile: