My ring is showing offline

I have had my ring cam almost a year. Its been working then all of a sudden it his morning its showing offline. I pay my subscription i am not sure whats going on. My wifi is working i have deleted and redownloaded the ring shows it was still recording while i was messing with it. Why is it not going online? It’s getting a good a good signal. Please help

4 Likes

Same here all started today???

1 Like

Same here. What’s going on? I wonder if it had something to do with my Samsung phone update last night

1 Like

Same thing happened with my Ring Stickup Cameras this morning. All were “live” and sending notifications until 5:50amMST this morning and then all 3 went to “offline”. Still recording video and have restarted my wifi router twice.

1 Like

Same thing here. Have three cams. The inside ones aren’t working but the outside flood is

Same here idk y but its makinf me mad

Same exact issue here with a pair of stickup cams. Sometime this morning they started to report off line and will not go live. However, they are still detecting motion and recording video for review.

Went through the usual steps of rebooting the router and the ring base station.

I noted on the settings for the stickup cams, there is a new motion zone feature. I am not sure how new this is as I do not go into the camera settings often.
Was there an update pushed out for the cameras that broke them?

Same here got all my indoor cams showing offline. What’s happening.

How do we get a response from Ring. It sounds like it’s on THEIR end especially with EXACT same things happening AND at the EXACT same time!

Same thing here !! Worked good until this morning.

Same here. Something happened around 6:30 am eastern

My cameras are back online now. Just wanted to let those who commented on here know so they can check as well. fingers crossed they dont go down again

Hi neighbors! We are aware of an issue where a device may show offline in the Ring app, but this has since been resolved. If you’re still having this issue, please try the steps in this Help Center Article here. If the steps in that article do not resolve your concern, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here so they can take a closer look. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

My problem extends beyond those above. About half of my devices were offline this morning. They operate on two separate routers and devices were missing from both. As I approached one to reset it, I got an alert that there was motion from the device that still showed offline and live video was not available. I went through the reconnect process a few times and each time the device said that it was successful but nothing changed in the app and live video remained unavailable. I had to get to work so I resolved to work it out later, disarmed the system, and headed out. With the first door opened, there was no problem. When a second door was opened, the system alarmed and could not be turned off because it showed it was disarmed. I tried to rearm it, thinking I could then disable it but that didn’t work either. I had to wait it out because I had no control over my own system. No calls from the “monitored” system and no police showed up.

I’ve had the system for about four months with no issues aside from occasionally having devices lose a connection. Most of the time, they reconnect with no input from me but this time was very different and very public with four sirens sounding. Is this something I can expect to have happen again?

Hi @MedicAR. Since you have various different Ring devices and you’re having concerns with several of them, it really would be best to contact our support team on this matter. That way they can pull up your account and help look at all of your devices with you in order to determine what might be causing this to happen. They’ll be able to help get everything squared away with you and in proper working order. Feel free to come back and update the Community on what solution our support team provides as well. :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing, Very helpful for me, Looking for same concern.

indigocard