My ring door bell

Hi I’m new to this so if I make a mistake sorry

I took my door bell down because I was having building work done outside and not it’s not linking to my phone and when it’s trying to it’s saying I’m trying to connect to 3.0 but my one is a 2nd generation and it’s not even showing up on the app please someone help it’s driving me nuts

Cheers
Gail

We’re here to help, @Gailbicky1984. :slight_smile:

When setting up your Video Doorbell, there should be a step early on in the process that covers scanning the QR code. It will look like this:

• Point the camera on your smartphone at the QR code or MAC ID barcode on the back of your Video Doorbell.
    • This code can also be found on the product, packaging, or on the Quick Start Guide that came with your device.
  • Center the code in the phone camera’s view at the top of the screen.
  • Once the code is recognized, a green square (for QR code) or a green line (MAC ID barcode) will appear, and the setup will proceed to the next step.

These steps should allow your Ring app to setup the proper device.

Note : If you experience issues with scanning the QR code or MAC ID barcode, you can select “Set Up Without Scanning” and select your Video Doorbell model.

Please also note, as long as you did not remove the Doorbell from your Ring app, this device should still exist on your account. Thus, the above steps for a setup would not be needed if this is the case. Please ensure you are viewing the proper location with your Video Doorbell assigned, and then follow these steps in the Ring app to reconnect your device, as seen in this help center article.

I hope this helps! :slight_smile: