Multiple Chime Pros ; multiple Ring Devices. Which Device talks to which Chime Pro?

I have 2 new Chime Pros and 3 Stickup CAM battery devices. Does the Ring app offer any clue as to which CAM is connected to which Chime Pro? (I know they all belong to the same “Chime Pro Network” but that doesn’t answer my question.)

TIA,
BeaconMan

Hi @beaconMan. You can check which devices are connected to each Chime Pro in the Ring App. Open the Main Menu > Devices > Chime Pro > Chime Pro Network. This should show you which Cameras you have connected to the specific Chime Pro you’re looking at. You can also edit the name of your Chime Pro if needed by tapping on General Settings and editing the Device Name. I hope that helps! :slight_smile:

well i followed this and it doesnt say what chime pro each cam is connected to . all my cams and doorbell just say chime pro network although i have two of them front and back of the house. so how can you see each individual cam on individual chime pros ?

Hi @hotlurve. When you select the Chime Pro and tap the Chime Pro Network, it will show what devices are connected. A device will connect to the Chime Pro that offers the best improvement for your RSSI, which is typically the one closest to the device. I hope this helps.

well no it doesnt,its been a while since i posted regarding this as i left it as was for a while but……
now you can run a placement test in the chime pro settings, and its clear that my various ring products are just randomly connected to individual chime pros, i.e i have three cameras at the front of the house and three at the rear, the front cams are much closer to the hallway chime pro and the rear cams are much closer to the chime pro in the consevatory . however individually they not connected to the nearest chime pro …. eg doorbell is connected to the consevatory chime pro and the spotlight cam which is furthest away from the chime pro in the hallway shows a much stronger connection to the hallway chime pro and not the conservatory chime pro which is much nearer by about 40 ft !
is it not possible to force connect/forget cams to individual chimes ? does multiple chimes work just like a mesh network for ring products?
the test again function within the chime pro placement test just gives the spinning ring icon indefinitely and does nothing.

what is the situation with multiple chime pros , does it have any benefit at all ?
doesnt seem so to me !!

@hotlurve What is the RSSI for tour Ring Cameras? They should connect to the Chime Pro that offers the best connection as mentioned. While that’s typically the one that is closest, it may not always be depending on how your home is set up and what building materials or other objects could be causing interference. Are you experiencing any concerns with the Cameras and their connections?