Motion schedules not working

I have setup a motion schedule to turn off the backyard spotlight motion camera on weekends during the day but it doesn’t work. The app still notifies me of motion any time we have to go outside during the hours it should be paused and we have to pause manually. Is there a fix available?

1 Like

Hey @Shereff. Could you try removing the Ring app from your phone, rebooting your phone by turning it off and then on again, and then reinstall the Ring app? From there, go into the Motion Schedules section, delete the schedule, and then re-establish it. From there, monitor it for me, and let me know if this weekend the same thing continues to happen for you!

This is happening to everyone. Its not a “Remove the App” or Android thing. I have done all that and its obviously a flaw on the backend systems. Look at all the posts!

Thanks for trying out those steps, @Brumey! We always appreciate our neighbors feedback and will certainly share this with the team. As I see you’ve also tried out the steps in this similar Community post, the best next step is indeed to reach out to our support team.

As it sounds like your motion scheduling is not functioning as intended, despite following these steps recommended in the Community, this will help our team take a closer look and explore any advanced solutions needed. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.