Motion paused still getting motion recordings

I would like to pause recording on our ring doorbell while guests are present in our vacation rental. I have set ‘Pause Motion Alerts’ to Sun to Sat 12am to 11:45pm so that I dont wear out my battery. I have selected the off position on ‘motion alerts’ and only left the ring alert active.
I’m still getting recordings even though I (in theory) have it paused.
Advise please on how to prevent unwanted recordings.
Thanks in advance

Hi, this is a common misunderstanding… you can pause the notifications, not the actual recording that will continue to be triggered by motion. This is a feature that has been asked for for some time.

the newer cams (Stick up cam wired) do offer a record on/off toggle, but I don’t think this can be scheduled yet, but is supposed to be part of upcoming functionality.

2 Likes

Thank you for replying. Yes, it would be a good feature to add. There is a lot of unnessary recording happening (guests coming and going) that I don’t want to waste battery on (I don’t live near my vacation rental so battery changes will be a little more difficult)

Appreciate your time. Thank you.

1 Like

No hard in adding another vote for a feature :slight_smile:

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ve noted the request in the request feature post.

1 Like

Hi, new owner… so just to confirm, there is no ability to pause/disable the ring protect recordings short of unplugging the camera or cancelling my subscription?

“Record Motion” should have its own scheduler. I should be able to specify periods of time when I want the enable recordings at the camera.

Also, the label “Motion Schedule” is not intuitive. Should be “Notification Schedule”. I had set such a schedule thinking it would disable the motion detector itself thus preventing any recording other than Live. However, we were still getting notifications despite the schedule. I tried to confirm the cameras clock but was unable. I’m left to assume it’s pulling time off the internet or Ring service. Would be better to allow remote confirmation of the cameras clock unless, of course, the camera does not maintain a clock. At that point, I’m left to assume that it’s the Ring service that’s stopping the notifications and not the camera (likely). Well, now that I’ve stumbled into this likelihood, this may explain why there is no Record Motion schedule; the camera itself can’t do it.

Yes but its telling me to subscribe and setup a payment which I did. I cost me 90 and I am getting any service from my motion recorder

My motion recorder is saying motion subscription inactive

Hi @Lewin, happy to chime in and point you in the right direction here. You can find some general information on our Ring Protect plans here, which may answer your question. If that doesn’t address your concern, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers availablehere. They’ll be able to take a look and make sure your Ring Protect plan is set up correctly. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19here to see how to contact support. Feel free to let us know what support advises, as it may help other neighbors! :slight_smile: