Motion detection issues

I’ve recently bought a Ring internal camera. Initially everything worked fine - I was receiving notifications whenever motion was detected in the area I configured.

However after about a day I stopped receiving notifications, and the app had no record of motion despite this not being the case. I turned the camera off and on again which seemed to resolve the issue, however the same thing happened again after about a day. A restart resolved the issue again, but clearly this isn’t a viable long term solution.

Has anyone else had experience of this issue, and if so, is there a way to fix it, or is my camera faulty perhaps?

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

Hey @Davbison. Does the camera fall offline when it is not working? Are you unable to access the Live View? Have you ensured you do not have the camera in the “Disarm” Mode?

The camera has consistently been online, even when I’m not getting any motion detection notifications I can still successfully trigger the live view.

I’ve definitely not switched to ‘disarm’ mode, so I know that’s definitely not the cause.

Hi @Davbison! The best step to resolve this would be to check on features such as modes, motion scheduling, or snooze options, as well as reconfiguring motion zones/ sensitivity to save in the Ring app. Please also ensure your Camera is reporting a great RSSI, or wifi signal strength, in the device health section of the Ring app.

As it looks like you’ve checked on modes, and performed resets to resolve this concern, if it persists, the next best step will be to reach out to our support team for a more in-depth look at this. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile: