Motion alerts stopped working on Alexa devices

Hi neighbors! If you’re no longer receiving Motion announcements on your Alexa device, please try the following troubleshooting steps below:

• Ensure your Ring device and Alexa device are both connected to wifi
  • Make sure your Ring app and the Alexa app are both updated
  • Disable the Ring Skill from the Alexa app and Re-enable it
  • Toggle the Motion Announcements off and back on
  • Check the Announcement Devices and ensure you have the right Echo devices selected to receive announcements on

If this concern persists, you can click here to go to Amazon’s Alexa Help Center, and you can follow up with our support team at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

I have the same issue did everything advised rebooted the ring still does not work. It has to be something with an update. Please fix the issue.

2 Likes

I have the same issue. I turn the motion detection on in the Alexa app. Close out of the app and go back in and it is off again. multiple cameras/Alexa devices and multiple locations all have the same issue. It isn’t an isolated problem, but a flaw in the software I really wish you would fix. I purchased these systems because I was told they were compatible. Clearly they are not.

1 Like

In just the last few days Alexa stopped saying “Motion Detected at the Front Door” when there is motion detected as well as stopped saying “Someone is at the Front Door” when the doorbell is rang. The only thing that I can think of that changed was my wife’s Android phone (which is the “owner” of all the devices connected to Alexa) was updated to the new “One UI” OS operating system. That whacked a bunch of permissions and such which I’ve tried to restore, but so far that hasn’t helped. I’ve also tried all of the suggested fixes, including (https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360050373832-What-to-do-if-your-Ring-and-Alexa-Features-Stopped-Working-) to no avail. I think something else has gotten whacked by the OS update that has broken the announcements. I’m wondering if the announcement problem for other folks also coincides with an Android OS update.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.