Motion alerts not showing on my or my wife's phones

My wife and I haven’t received any motion alerts for the last 24 hours. The device is still detecting motion because it records everything, and we received a doorbell notification when a delivery guy pressed the button. It seems like the problem is only limited to motion alerts. Here’s what we have and everything I’ve tried.

• Ring Doorbell Pro
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max
  • notifications in the app are turned on, toggled them off and on multiple times anyway
  • notifications in ios are turned on, toggled them off and on multiple times anyway
  • removed and reinstalled the app
  • reset both of our phones
  • reset the Ring device
  • reset our modem
  • internet signal is strong (d/l over 350mbps, u/l over 12mbps)
  • downloaded Rapid Ring and still not receiving motion alerts
  • RSSI is -41
  • voltage unknown but has never been an issue before
1 Like

Thank you for providing such a great detail in regards to this concern. It is certainly odd to hear ring notifications being received but not motion. Great call on checking the event history to confirm motion evens are being recorded. As motion is being detected, but not notified for, this will likely be resolved through app or setting troubleshooting. In addition to everything you’ve checked, I recommend also ensuring motion scheduling is not active and that Modes is not placing your Ring device in “disarmed mode”. Please also ensure there is not a vpn enabled on the mobile device. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Hi there

This happened to me as well,
In my house we have two iPhones and a iPad they don’t receive notifications, this is aswell as the Chime that we have.

Was there a update done recently or something?

Hi @dlloyd117. I’d recommend trying out the possible solutions presented in this thread in the previous replies to see if those do the trick for you. You can also check out this Help Center Article here, which will cover how to troubleshoot notification concerns on iOS devices specifically.

If the notifications still aren’t coming through after trying everything suggested, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. Our support team is able to take a deeper look and offer more advanced assistance. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Marley, thank you for your response. We currently have modes disabled, motion scheduling off and there are no VPNs on the network. I spent an hour on the phone with Ring customer support the other night and the issue was never resolved. I’m not sure where I go from here.

I can’t say for sure but it looks like the last update to the app was over a month ago. Our issue just started a couple days before I posted this. When did yours start?

After spending an hour on the phone with Ring, the customer support person did tell me “Oh yeah we are having problems with notifications but it should be fixed by tomorrow” after nothing worked to resolve the problem. Two days later and we’re still having issues.