Allow multiple Doorbell presses repeatedly

That’s true, but what if your garage was on fire or something similar and your neighbors were frantically pressing the doorbell to get you awake and get your family out to safety. It’s not a convenience thing, it’s a safety thing and the fact that this has been a problem for so long is dangerous, and negligent. Any doorbell ever made (including other smart doorbells) rings every time it’s pressed. I can click any door bell 10 times a second and it’ll ring every time until I’m done. I want my ring to do that. The core function of a doorbell is press = ring. Come on developers, at least give us the option!

Since switching from a traditional doorbell to a video doorbell, I’ve missed out on urgent matters, some that could easily be considered dire!

This feature request may or may not only benefit customers who still have mechanical chimes but it is indeed a feature that most are accustomed to if they ever had a traditional doorbell and chime.

Continuous Presses at the doorbell not only can save lives, but it also alerts the homeowner that there’s a situation at their door that may or may not need their immediate attention!

I’ve contacted support about this several times to get an understanding on whether or not Continuous Presses would be possible for Ring to achieve for customers with mechanical chimes or if it wouldn’t be possible hardware wise based on the current design of all Ring Video Doorbells currently.

I’ve had conflicted answers from support regarding this and hopefully leaving this post here, will enable two things, legitimate answers to why this may or may not be possible for current Ring Doorbells, and a near possibility of Continuous Presses making it to Ring Doorbells sooner than later.

1 Like

I understand the way how the ring works currently to chime the bell only once, but it’s too quiet and usually need to do it multiple times to be heard mostly by my kids. This should be something configurable in the settings on how often each press of the button will chime the bell. Please fix this ASAP as it’s very annoying that a basic function is not enabled. Thanks

Would be a useful feature to add, not sure why it hasn’t been done yet. I don’t have a physical doorbell but have a doorbell pro 2 and a chime pro, yet if the doorbell is rang twice within 2 minutes I don’t get a 2nd notification. Its already happened multiple times with back to back deliveries etc. I’m sure it will be a nightmare come Halloween. Only options are to shorten the recording period (not that useful as I want to record as much as I can for security) or to open the app each time and go to live view to end the recording so the doorbell is press-able again. Seems like it would be a really simple option, especially in the case of no physical doorbell, as it only has to make a simple web request to send another notification to connected phones / chimes.

Hi, I have just installed a Ring Pro2. I thought that replacing my regular doorbell will be a good experience as I will be able to answer the door remotely. However Ring Pro 2 only allows a visitor / delivery people to ring once every 50 seconds (shortest recording time). We all know that delivery people are always in a hurry to finish their quota. So 50 seconds before you can Ring a second time is far too long. Besides I am not by phone all the time or I could be in the shower/ garden/ loft and not hear the first ring. What’s the point of having a video door bell when I will miss the caller. Even the mobile phone rings more than once. Seriously this is an issue. I am contemplating on returning Ring. Is there a fix to this? Please advise.

Hi I need this urgently. Have little children and sometimes I’m in meetings and can’t hear the bell. Also the mobile devices are muted at work, so I need over the day the option to bell fastly more than once a time.

I am returning my doorbell and ring protection system for this reason. I do not think that this is safe to disable the bell after one press (and there is no option in the app to adjust the setting). I think sometimes it takes multiple rings to get people out of their sleep.

I love the Ring and consider it almost perfect. However, the bug described on this thread was the very first issue I noticed. A door bell is supposed to ring each time you press it. It is the most basic requirement. Please, Ring, implement it. Or at the very least, reduce the back off time between consecutive rings to at most a few seconds.

I got the same issue with my Ring Doorbell Pro 2 + the Chime Pro. The doorbel goes off at the first time ringing it but if you press again shortly after nothing happens. This is extremely frustrating. It’s like the whole Ring system in your house is frozen up or something.

When will this bug be fixed? Because I see multiple (closed?) threads about it with a solution. I can’t recommend Ring because of this extremely irritating bug! There’re multiple posts about it for years it seems. You can’t tell menthat ring hasn’tdone anything about this at all. If this is the case I will return the Ring devices I bought and I will also mention this extremely irritating bug to people who write or have questions about Ring devices.

Edit: removed typos

1 Like

Absolutely essential. We often don’t hear the first ring, so there needs to be an option to hear follow rings.

I fully agree with all complaints. It’s not acceptable that you have to wait for over 60 seconds before ringing for the second time is possible. It should be possible to disable the wait time or make it e.g. 5 or 10 seconds. When this is not possible, I am afraid the design of the doorbell isn’t right. Please solve a.s.a.p.

I believe this is tied into the video recording length, whereby you cannot press the doorbell until the recording ends.

Currently the shortest length is 50 seconds. Can you please add shorter duration? For example 15 seconds, maybe 20 to avoid spamming the doorbell?

It will be great if you can also add a setting to allow immediate recording termination. So pressing the doorbell within say 5 seconds will enable the door bell to ring again and to trigger recording to start again.

This should not be too hard to implement.

this request is open for 3 years and no one at ring seem to provide a solution or a fix. how disappointing and not concerned by its customers? should have never bought this crap when there are plenty of good options out there.

1 Like

If I knew about this I would never buy the device…

1 Like

I have purchased a ring doorbell pro 2 and find exactly the same problem as everyone else, ridiculous that there is only one ring and a pause for 60 seconds, it is going back as a not fit for purpose. As has been said many times, a doorbell should ring when pressed every time. A big thumbs down

1 Like

At a minimum, a doorbell (smart or not) should ring when you press the button. It’s what everybody that approaches the door is used to. Either shorten the delay to something reasonable (< 10s) or disable this stupid “feature” altogether. Serious fail on the part of the product management team. I’m going to search for another doorbell that works like a doorbell.

1 Like

Like everyone else that has posted to this topic, I know that the doorbell should ring when the button is pushed. Now Ring development knows as well… so do something about it already!

This is one of the stupidest design features I’ve run across in a VERY long time. Who the heck could think this is a good idea?

Another vote here it’s Halloween and this thing works like trash. I should get notified for every press regardless of length.

This is an annoying and stupid bug. Please fix it.