Modes not working all of a sudden

I have modes set up and it has been working with no problem. Now all of a sudden it doesn’t work. It changes in the app, but it does not effect the cameras. I have everything set up to disable on disable. Selecting disable does not disable the motion detection. I have reset everything including the WIFI each camera and the phones with no changes. I am using the Android app.

4 Likes

I’m having the same issue. My cameras are stuck recording and most of our cameras are inside our home. Ring needs to fix this ASAP

2 Likes

Yup. Same here for last couple of hours. Live view and motion detection not changing in accordance with mode. In fact, live view is broken and can’t be toggled on at all on two of my cameras.

Okay it’s not just me! They need to fix it.

1 Like

I’m exactly the same. Was working fine before now changing mode doesn’t change any of the individual camera settings as it should.

Same here, but on iOS.

Troubleshooting steps taken:
Disabled modes, force closed app, enabled and set up modes.
Deleted app, rebooted phone, reinstalled app.

iOS up to date.

1 Like

same here with ios for the past few hours

Seems to have been resolved. Thanks Ring

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us, neighbors! Modes should be working as intended. If you are experiencing any trouble with the Modes setting not disabling motion events, rest assured that our team is looking into this and working to resolve it as soon as possible.

In the meantime, if you are needing any further assistance, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Thanks again! :slight_smile: