Missing Video

I have a gap in the recorded video when there was clearly motion at the time.

Is there a way to video constant footage from today?

Thanks!

Hi @jeevesy83! If you have a motion event in your event history, there should be a recording as long as you were subscribed to a Protect Plan during this event. If there is not a motion notification for this time, there will not be a video available, however, there might be a snapshot available on your timeline depending on your device and app settings. If you are unable to review the recording of an event and you are subscribed, check you recordings via web browser at Ring.com to see if it shows up there. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

I just had the same issue and this makes no sense. I had something delivered at a certain time and ten minutes later it was gone. The video recorded when the item was delievered and then skips the ten minutes of activity. Clearly the motion settings doesnt seem to be working and I would think goes aainst the whole idea of a ring product if its choosing when to record motion even with all my settings and connectivity working. :frowning:

4 Likes

I just had this problem this morning. I had a delivery and the Ring did not pick up motion or person at my door at all. Wowwww. I could the mailman at my door but nothing from my Ring doorbell to notify me. Totally unacceptable.

5 Likes

Same here! Very frustrating!!

1 Like

We had a delivery today and there is no video of the delivery person, although the ring app alarm on our phones rang at the time of the delivery. The only video that got saved was of me getting the package off the front porch a few minutes later. The next earlier video was 2 hours earlier.

I know the time of the delivery from the FedEx text acknowledging delivery.

Could it be due to perhaps a poor wifi signal that caught the motion but could not handle capturing the video? But it does not even show an event on my app.

1 Like

Same Problem - Video and motion detection suddenly stopped at 11:30 am today. The health of the unit - Power Status is Very Good, Signal Strenght is 40, Firmware is Up todate, Wifi Speed is 100M down and 20M up. Numerous people came to our door this afternoon - not once did a motion detection get set off - and there is no video since yesterday evening. I can see the Ring doorbell IP address on my router can ping the unit.

I had this same problem a month ago. Spend two hours on the phone with level 2 technical support. They replaced the unit. The new unit worked for three weeks flawlessly until today when the video and motion detector suddenly stopped working. Ring needs to figure out what the problem really is.

2 Likes

I have a problem the motion and video
didn’t work today for more than 5 hours from 5:30 to 10:30 can you please check and send me this period of time. It is important please email it to me or call me. Thanks.

1 Like

Sorry to hear about this experience neighbors! If you had activity near your devices for an event to trigger and no recording saved, please ensure that your Protect Plan subscription is active and did not lapse.

Motion failing to detect is usually due to motion settings such as zones, sensitivity, people only mode, or even motion scheduling options. Even if motion is scheduled to not notify, it should still record. Please try removing and reinstalling the Ring app on your mobile device, to ensure it is up to date and optimally integrated with your phone.

If your Video Doorbell seems to not be responsive to motion or live views, and is not recording despite subscription being active, try resetting the Doorbell by holding the setup button for 20 seconds. Once complete, perform a new setup in the Ring app, allow updates to complete, and test motion/ video. Please let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

Am having the same problem and I tried all your suggestion s but still having the problem … what do I need to do next?

1 Like

Hi @SpaceCowBoy1. If you’ve tried all the listed steps to no avail, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

So disappointing how many events our Ring 3 Doorbell missed. Yesterday we motion missing from 12:40 AM - 5:36 AM.

If you had activity near your devices for an event to trigger and no recordings have saved to your timeline or event history, please ensure that your Protect Plan subscription is active. I recommend also logging into your Ring account at Ring.com, via web browser, to check your event history there. Once you’ve confirmed your Protect Plan is active and that your videos are playing via Ring.com, the next best step will be to check your mobile device’s connection and that the Ring app is updated to the latest version.

For any neighbors simply not capturing a motion at all for there to be a video, please check your Motion Settings in the Ring app to fine tune the device’s motion detection. Additionally, try out a Live View from the Ring app to confirm video is able to connect that way, and that your Ring device is online.

If this concern persists, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.