McAfee VPN Causng Ring App Temp Connecton Issue

The RIng App showing a Temporary Connection Issue after installed VPN from McAfee. The Home Mode is not accessable and live view is not viewable when VPN is enable, but after I’ve disabled the VPN, everything have starting to work again.

Any ideal how to fix the issue? I’ve IOS …

Hi @tfc6154. As of December 2019, we no longer support the use of VPNs while accessing Ring, Rapid Ring, or Neighbors applications. In order to use these applications, neighbors will need to disable their VPN or ask their VPN provider to help them exclude Ring traffic from the VPN. You may be able to reach out to McAfee for this, but this will be why you have noticed the performance not be the same for your devices! In addition, you may run into a 406 error message when you try to log in to a Ring app via a VPN.

@Chelsea_ring, who is responsible to ensure your product support group is aware of these issues? I spent over an hour with your support people during which time I figured out what was wrong. Even when I attempted to explain this, all the support team would say is “ call your carrier”, which had nothing to do with it. Also, this does not appear to be a temporary issue. I had to disable the mcafee vpn service permanently in order to get video. Is there a way to get notified if you are able to resolve this conflict? Thanks

You came to the right place, @Robinnyc! Checking for a VPN being enabled is a normal troubleshooting step or factor to consider when troubleshooting Ring app / mobile device functionality. Our support team should be aware and able to provide an answer similar to @Chelsea_Ring’s above. Feel free to also check out our Help Center article for more information on VPN and the Ring app.

We will certainly pass this feedback along to the appropriate teams to ensure this is a readily available answer for all neighbors. Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you are unable to create a temp connection, follow these general troubleshooting steps to Fix McAfee VPN not working

• Make sure that you have a good, stable connection to the internet.

• Make sure that your McAfee product is up to date.

• Make sure that your device is not rooted (Android) or jailbroken (iOS).

• Verify that a firewall app or other VPN app is not conflicting with your McAfee VPN.

• If you have another security product or VPN installed, either uninstall or temporarily disable them.
  • Test another network

• Try connecting to the VPN on another network. Doing so helps you determine if the issue is with your network or potentially another component such as your router.
    • Testing a different network can also help to determine if your Internet Service Provider is censoring or restricting VPN connectivity.