MacOS App 2.8.1 is hot flaming garbage

C’mon guys. Have you given up on MacOS? The 2.8.1 app is so broken that I can’t even launch it and then quit out of it – without doing anything else – without then having to force quit the app. It has been garbage since it was released. It is worse under MacOS 11.0.1.

This version is more than two months old. When will it be fixed?

Yes, I have already done the de-install, reboot, re-install thing. No, that didn’t fix it.

Hi @FutureFormerCustomer. Our team would like to take a further look into this. Could you please provide the MacOS version you are using and send a video of what is happening with the Ring App? Please note, we support MacOS versions from 10.11 to 10.15, and currently do not support MacOS 11.0.1 as it is too new at this time. Thank you for your help in this matter! :slight_smile:

I’m now on MacOS 11.1 which was released on December 14, 2020 – more than a month ago. I was using your app, version 2.8.2, which worked fine for about a day and then turned into beachball city. Force quits, the whole shebang. I don’t know what a video would do for you. The app simply becomes unresponsive on MacOS, with a beachball when it is in the foreground. The Activity Monitor shows the app as not responding, and I have to force quit the thing to get it stopped. What else can I tell you?

1 Like

I have a sample that I can send to your developers from when the process hangs while trying to quit. Where do I send?

Caitlyn_Ring this response is, uhmmm, disingenuous, at best. There is a previous thread about this very occurrence which predates MacOS 11. You suggested reloading which does nothing.

A large professional (?) App doesn’t support an op sys upgrade until after it’s released?? Really?

I’m probably FutureFormerCustomer2

I’m having the same issue with 2.8.2. The app will launch, but will consistently hang after a few minutes, displaying the beach ball of death. Only a force quit will get out of the app.

MacOS Mojave 10.14.6
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
2.8 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2 GB
Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

What happened to your team wanting to take a further look into this. I supplied you the information you asked for. Or are you just a bot?

There is, maybe, a fix for this. Look at my post here, if it doesn’t get deleted first: Ring app requires 'Force Quit' macOS Big Sur 11