Lower "play" bar in the way

When I play back a recording the black lower bar across the screen that has the play and pause functuons is always in the way. It disappears after about 10 seconds but usually so does whatever set it off. How can I get it to vanish when I press play???

Hi there, @Barricade! This sounds a lot like the feedback shared in this Community post. For those neighbors, they looked to be using android. There are some great steps in that thread if you are using IOS.

If you are using an Android device, rest assure we’ve shared the feedback with our teams here. As we always value our neighbors’ feedback, feel free to add this request on our Feature Request Board. This way other neighbors can share their interest in one place, that we can organize and share with our teams here. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is happening on my iOS tablet too. Very frustrating. Bar does not go away at all in ‘my account’ and I can’t see things as close to the door as before. This started happening out of the blue. Guessing from an update? Please make it stop or at least optional.
Do these problems ever get resolved or is it best to just call?

The play progression bar (in the iPadOS version of the Ring app) is not only unattractive – but it creates serious security issues due to its (peculiar) placement on the screen. (The placement of the bar is also annoying… because it makes the information on the screen feel “unbalanced”.)

Some obvious questions include:

• Why would you DELIBERATELY (partially) DOWNGRADE a user’s ability to clearly view the area around their Ring doorbell?
  • Why would you DELIBERATELY (partially) DOWNGRADE a user’s ability to clearly view the area around their front door?
  • With people spending more time at home and perhaps having more items delivered… why would you want to make it more difficult for them to determine if there are any packages on their front porch?

In any case, one has to assume that there are any number of better strategies that could be used in this situation.