Low Battery Notice on a Wired Stick Up Cam?

I have had the same problem with my wired stick up cam and found it still picks up alerts despite telling me the battery is low!
I decided to leave it for a week to see if it got fixed but nice to see the error is now recognised.

Got the same issue strangely on just one out of the two Ring Plug In Stick Up Cams. It just started a few days ago and the main screen will not update and you cant view live mode. Power cycled it and still wont work. Has to be a software update.

Update - The Stick Up Cam is now working. Not sure what happened but all is well now. Thanks!

I also have the same problem on one of my wired stickup cam. Other same model camera works just fine. Hopefully it can be fixed with a firmware update.

I’m having this issue. I bought a 3pack from Costco and all of the cameras are plugged in and all won’t let me view “live” because the app says the battery is critically low. Hello, there aren’t any batteries. They are all plugged in! Interestingly, I shared the camera feeds with my wife and she is able to view live through her app…but she has NO privileges. Something is WONKY with these cams. I’m about ready to take them all back after reading the many reports of this problems since 2020 and no visible solutions. Anybody out there have a solution? So frustrating!

We had this issue some time ago with a plugged in stick up cam that has no battery not allowing us to use live view because the battery is low. All of a sudden the issue has returned again. This is getting old we need to fix for this.

My second camera which was working fine, even though my other was having the low battery issue, has now gone the same way.

I can’t live view either now. Nobody from Ring support has been back in touch. Really disappointed that there doesn’t seem to be any update on a fix.

RING SUPPORT - Can someone update on what’s going on?

1 Like

Hi Tom.

Both my cameras are showing this same error, which it appears is affecting a lot of people. Are you able to update or advise what’s going on?

Not having live view on the cameras is a nightmare. I use it regularly. I have all ring devices around my property, but now with this issue half of my security systems are down.

Please can an update be provided urgently?

Hi neighbors! We appreciate you sharing your concern about this. As Tom mentioned, we have forwarded this information over to the team that works with our Stick-Up Cam so they can look into it further. You can also always reach out to our support team at one of the numbers available here as well. Whenever we do have an update available, we’ll be sure to share it in this thread. Thanks for your patience in this matter. :slight_smile:

I received an email from Ring today offering to replace 1 stick up cam. I assume due to this “critical low battery” issue. I have 2 units with the same problem. The email takes me to an order form that is for 1 unit only and no option to add a second. Will I receive another email for the 2nd unit or ?

Went through some troubleshooting with Support. I have found if you unplug it for more than 1 minute then plug it back in it works until it ‘dials home’ overnight then goes again. Definitely something server end. My video doorbell 2 is also showing as battery on the ios app, but when they look at their system it is showing as wired. :thinking:

1 Like

Yes, what part of I cant initiate live view is “not changing any functionality”? I too, am having the problem with my newly replaced camera. Camera is running with no battery and senses motions but when I tap to “go live view” I get that message instead of my live view!

same Battery Error.
Even my Camera is plug-in. Dam Programmers!
Ring please fix this.

The message I am getting as I am typing this is that this topic has been solved. That does not seem to be the case. I am having the same issue with the live view not being accessible due to “critically low battery” but the device is plugged in and does not have a battery. Clearly this thread goes back to early 2020, so if there is a solution that I have missed, please point me to it. I just got off the phone with one of your customer service agents who did not seem to be aware of the issue or how to fix it. I bought these cameras because I don’t live on site and only visit for a couple days at a time. I now have to wait until I am there for three days and do trouble shooting over the phone, which is going to amount to unplugging and plugging it back in and resetting it. It will work fine for a while, then it will lose live view again. By the way, this is the second time it has happened, and the first time, it just automatically came back on the next day by doing nothing. Hope that little clue helps you figure it out, but I should not have to have these periods of black out on live view when I am paying for service. Thanks.

I figured out after trying the whole reset, remove/re-add, contact support, etc, that the only solution for my wired stick up can to stop saying low battery was to give it a proper wall wart (the plug that your wire goes into). The camera should be a max input of 5W 2amp or something (check what it says on the inside of the battery house), then find a wall wart that can handle it. The newer Apple plugs for iPad (the fat box ones not the little ones) work perfect. Just make sure you match the wattage/amperage ratings and voila!

1 Like

Woke up this morning to find that my wired Ring Stickup Camera battery was critically low. FYI, there is no battery but the system thinks there is and wont let me use the Live View feature any longer. All other features seem to work like motion detect and notifications. I power cycled and reset the unit but got no change. Since it doesn’t look like there is an official fix from Ring’s end I went ahead and ordered a battery to try and fool the camera into there being a really battery.

Reported same issue to Ring two weeks ago and they said someone would reach out to me to address the issue. Its been two weeks and no one has contacted me. The person I talked to kept asking me to put a battery in it but didn’t seem to understand the reason I specifically purchased the “wired” one is to not have to deal with a battery. If this is their solution, then they should send us all a battery at no charge. Or fix the problem which is clearly a software issue.

I am having the same issue. Camera is 2 weeks old and says battery critically low, but its plugged in. What can I do?

Have the exact same issue and have had it for over a month now. Ring is an absolute joke, the camera is wired, says it is wired, but no live view because of a low battery. Well I went and got a battery to put in since I was headed out of town. It worked for less than 24 hours and now the whole camera is simply offline, still wired but now completely dead. Its obvious it’s a server issue and it’s ridiculous there hasn’t been a fix for this in months now.

Same here. I’m surprised at how long this has been an issue for. Ring should have fixed this a year ago and for them to not even be willing to admit they have a problem is kind of shady. I loved my ring cameras up until this moment but not having live view is really inconvenient and it seems like Ring doesn’t plan to do anything about it other than say they’ve forwarded this to blah blah blah.

@Caitlyn_Ring Thank you for this update however, this issue persists. Given this issue blocks basic functionality and you have allowed these devices to persist in this state for over a year, will Amazon be offering refunds for them?

Could you please provide an internal Case ID for the issue you’ve escalated to your engineering team to address this issue and provide us with an update on this issue immediately?