Lost QR code

Hi all,

I recently purchased a Ring Video Doorbell device, but lost the QR code/pin. Is there any way to install the device without it? Alternatively, can Ring send my family a new QR code/pin? Please advise.

Thank you!

Hi @fadiel1! You will want to have either the Code or PIN for a setup. We try to include this information in a few accessible places. Please check the box your Ring device came in, as well as the installation guide. Depending on device model, there might also be a code on the back, bottom, side or inside the battery compartment (for battery devices) of the device. You can also check out our QR Code Troubleshooting guide here.

If you are still having trouble finding this code or setting up with it, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please find out how to contact support here. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi- I have the QC scan code but not a pin on any of the materials or the device. I’m trying to set up a doorbell3 with the app and I scanned the code but it won’t let me go any further in the setup because it’s asking for this 5 digit pin. Please help!
Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @Clearpix33. When setting up the device, select the “Set Up Without Scanning” option. Next, select your Doorbell. It will then have an option that says “Help Me Find PIN Code”. I hope this helps.

Hello, I have the same issue for the same device. I tried the help me fin my pin, all it shows is a icon of the qr code and 5 digit in the bottom. Problem is mine came without the 5 digit code

1 Like

Neither my doorbell or box have a QR code or pin on, absolutely no idea how I set it up before but after having to factory reset it after it lost connection to the wifi I now can’t set it up. Wasted my entire lunch break today trying to fix it and after spending 30 minutes on the phone to someone just trying to spell my name and email I had to give up and go back to work.

Surely there is an easier way because this QR code and pin system is great… if you actually give them to people!

3 Likes

Hi neighbors! If you’re not able to get your Ring devices set up or you can’t locate the QR code or pin necessary for setup, our support team can assist you further. As Marley mentioned, you can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

I have the exact same problem! Ring Doorbell 3 plus. Moved house and now can’t set up again as no QR code or pin in the box! Rang ring customer service as suggested on here but they had no suggestions whatsoever! They said the only way to set it up again is to unscrew the doorbell from the wall so I can get to the QR code from the back of the bell! I do have a MAC code from the box but apparently Ring still can’t help. So frustrated and can’t believe there’s no other way to retrieve the QR code. Very disappointed with Ring Customer Service!

7 Likes

Similar issue. Removed wired doorbell from customer who was having issues with it. Installed new one.

Trying to troubleshoot the one I removed.

It has no QR code or PIN sticker.

I have MAC and S/N ONLY.

Help please!

1 Like

Had my WiFi changed due to a wiring issue in my home then I couldn’t reconnect the ring. Called customer support and they said my sticker must have fallen off and so I can purchase a new one with a discount code of 35% off or just dispose of the device. That’s what the customer support representative and her boss advised. Buy a new ring for something that isn’t even my fault? Ring is in the trash and I’ve let my family members know so they can return their family devices they just purchased for christmas gifts. Poor customer service & crappy solution.

5 Likes