Lost Activation Issue

I have a 3 week old Ring 2 video doorbell. I had to update my old doorbell transformer and the overall complete installation of the transformer and the Ring 2 was a breeze. The unit has been working flawlessly until sometime last night when it stopped working. Using the app, I attempted to activiate device and after a minute or so the following error message: “FAILED TO CONNECT. We’re having trouble connecting to your Doorbell 2”.

I checked the device health and it indicated:

Device Health 12/28 at 1 pm

• Power source: Hardwired
  • Battery Level: 97%
  • Signal Strength: RSSI-50
  • Last Health Check: Yesterday 11:40 am

I then rebooted my router. I reset the circuit breaker that the doorbell transformer is on. I verifed that the Ring 2 is set up to the 2.4G section of my router. I turned off my mobile cellular service and checked the 2.4G router speed outside at the doorbell: 66 Mbps download and 12 Mbps upload. I then recharged the battery until the green light came on which took around an hour. I put the battery back into the Ring 2 and it immediately activated and works fine again.

Device Health 12/28 at 4:24 pm

• Power source: Hardwired
  • Battery Level: 100%
  • Signal Strength: Good [RSSI-45]
  • Last Health Check: 12/28/2019 3:14 PM

Any assistance or suggestions regarding what happened and how to prevent another system failure is much appreciated. Thanks Tom W.