Location and event timeline

I’m facing a problem since the hour change on my location. I live in Azores and before the time changed to summer time all was working perfect.

Now when I try to access to the event history timeline the app freezes and I have to shutdown the app. So I am unable to view live events and history timeline. If I change my location to Lisbon for instance, it works perfectly, except the time of the events is plus 1 hour.

If I disable the event history timeline I am able to use the history log and live view.

Help please

Hi @Crosshelder. I recommend making sure that your Ring app is up to date and running on the last version. You will also want to make sure that your phone is running on the latest OS. Once those are confirmed, make sure that you have Location Services enabled and permission granted in your phone settings, as this may be the cause. If you’ve verified all of those settings but are still experiencing issues with the Ring app, reach out to our support team for the next best steps.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.