Locate IP Address

Does anyone know where to locate the IP address for my Ring Pro doorbell and for my Ring Chime? I’ve looked in the app but cannot find them.

Hey @DaleN. The Ring devices do not have their own IP address when they are connected to your home wifi network. They may have network ID information on the router when the router is listing what is connected to it, and this network ID normally does contain the MAC ID that is for each specific Ring device. You can see the MAC IDs for your Ring devices in the Device Health page on each device’s profile page in the app, or on the back of the device, as the MAC ID or QR code on the device is what is scanned during setup. Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

@Chelsea_Ring wrote:

Hey @DaleN. The Ring devices do not have their own IP address when they are connected to your home wifi network. They may have network ID information on the router when the router is listing what is connected to it, and this network ID normally does contain the MAC ID that is for each specific Ring device. You can see the MAC IDs for your Ring devices in the Device Health page on each device’s profile page in the app, or on the back of the device, as the MAC ID or QR code on the device is what is scanned during setup. Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

This is categorically incorrect. Ring doorbells do in fact obtain an IP address via DHCP from whatever device is providing DHCP service to the network to which it is connected.

One can determine the Ring device’s IP address by looking up the device’s MAC address in the DHCP assignment table on the DHCP server. In home networks, DHCP service is most commonly provided by the router itself.

It would be nice if Ring would change the Device Details in Device Health to show the IP address.

2 Likes

One can determine the Ring device’s IP address by looking up the device’s MAC address in the DHCP assignment table on the DHCP server. In home networks, DHCP service is most commonly provided by the router itself.

I agree that it would be nice if Ring would change the Device Details in Device Health to show the IP address.

1 Like

I agree with this comment, there must be an IP address in order for any device to participate in an IP network. I personally have an issue with DHCP and try to avoid it in my house as it opens you up to drive-by hacking. I use manual IPs where ever I can, but given a growing pattern of IoT devices not enabling manual IP settings I am considering changing over to a DHCP Lease reservation approach, but that’s work I have been trying to avoid as well.

The Hardwired doorbell is likely not to have an IP address, but if it has video capabilities, it will most like have an IP addy

I know this is an old post but Google brought me here so I thought I should add an accurate answer.

If you can view your ring camera in an app, it has an IP address.

To view that IP address, as well as the MAC (hardware) address and WiFi signal strength, if applicable, look in the device settings under “Device Health”

This apparently does not apply to the Ring Alarm Pro, which is how I landed here.