Live views in event history

If I find multiple live views in the event history, which weren’t done by me and I am the only person who uses the system or even has the password, does that mean someone has been logging it to my cameras and watching my home??

1 Like

Oh that’s creepy. Are you sure you don’t have the “Tap Camera Preview for Live View” selection toggled ON in your camera’s Video Setting? Because if it is toggled in the ON position, then everytime you select the camera from your Dashboard it immediately attempts to display a “Live View” … and maybe generating a event on your history?

Hey @Twintwo. As @Boone mentioned, these Live Views may be generated if you have the “Tap Camera Preview for Live View” feature enabled. Do you have multiple devices that you access the Ring App from or an Alexa-enabled video device that you have accessed the Live View from? These could also be where those entries in the Event History are coming from.

Ultimately if you are ever concerned about the security of your Ring account, the best course of action is to update your password. You can do this in the Ring App by tapping the Main Menu > Account > Password. You can also reset your password on the Ring App or on the website.

1 Like

I have the same problem. I have several unexplained ‘Live Views’ in my event history for my Ring Doorbell Pro over the last few days. I thought I was hacked, so I changed my password and also made sure (via accounts settings) that it’s just mine and my wife’s phone that are authorised to access the Ring App. I also have ‘two factor authorisation’ switched on in the accounts settings’. I don’t have the ‘tap camera preview for live event’ enabled. There were a further three unexplained ‘live views’ in my doorbell event history this morning. (I have two ring cameras as well and I checked , in the ‘linked devices’ setting that these arent set up to trigger the doorbell). Can anybody explain why this is happening?

Hi @peteski1968. If you have any Alexa-enabled video devices that are linked with your Ring devices, these could be where the Live Views are originating from. Otherwise I highly suggest contacting our support team to review your account as your safety and privacy is a top concern. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.