Live view stopped working with latest samsung update

Add me to the list, quit working on Family Hub and Samsung Q80T TV

Hey neighbors. I found the following information on a Samsung support community.

"First, I would recommend clearing the app cache using by going into your Fridge’s settings and going to Apps -> Storage -> Apps > Ring -> Clear Cache.

Check for software updates.

Tap Apps , tap Settings and then tap About Family Hub to look for software updates. If one is available, you can update the Family Hub from this page.

Check for app updates.

Tap Apps , and then check if the affected app has an arrow icon next to it. This indicates that the app needs an update.

To update it, either tap the app and install the update or enable Automatic Update at the top of the Apps screen. If Automatic Update is enabled, apps will check for updates at 7 a.m. every morning.

Factory Reset.

Navigate to the Settings screen, scroll down, and select Factory Data Reset. On the Factory Data Reset page is a list of which data will be erased. Press Reset."

Let me know if this is beneficial!

seems like this version *.24 is working for some one, but I still have the issue

Did everything suggested but same problem.

Tom_Ring,

I tried all that you listed a number of times and still dose not work. Had the issue with 4.1.24

Same thing here. Brand new Family Hub and updated to .24 and logged in and video won’t work.

Hi, In case if you haven’t tried it already. Here is what worked for me.

Go to Samsung apps -> select Ring -> ensure it is 4.1.25 version, then push clear data button (this will kick you out from Ring app) and login back with your credential. version .25 has resolved the issue

1 Like

Hello, I just found this thread via goggle. My Ring doorbell 2 is also not working anymore on the family hub. I have installed all latest updates and also version .25. It works only for some minutes. When I clear the cache of the app and login again it works but again only for some time.
I already tried factory reset of the fridge but no change.

1 Like

Same issue here. Bought the new ring video doorbell pro 2. Paired it with my Samsung family hub fridge and it would work for Live view for a bit. But then eventually will stop working and say there was a network issue.

The only way to resolve it was to Repair the Pro 2 doorbell and log out and back in on the Ring app on the fridge. But eventually it will say there’s a network error again.

Live view always works from the iOS app

Same problem, Ring Pro 2 (Ring Pro replacement) doesn’t work on the Samsung fridge. Other camera’s without any problems.

Please fix!

Hi neighbors. The Ring app on the Samsung Refrigerator is created by and maintained by the Samsung team. This is why it is visible on your IOS or Android devices, but not your Samsung Refrigerator. As a quick troubleshooting step, I would ensure that your Samsung Ring app is up to date, as the Ring Pro 2 is a new product and may not be visible on an older version of the Samsung Ring app.

If you are unable to resolve this with an update, I’ve located the Samsung Community here where you might be able to find a solution. Feel free to let us know how this goes.

Having the same issue. There’s a thread here on the Samsung forum: Ring doorbell pro 2 not working with hub - Samsung Community - 1808088

Definitely say you also have issues there so they can focus on the issue and find a solution.

1 Like

I am experiencing the same thing with the same device. I hope they come up with a fix.

I’m on version 4.1.33 and having this issue. I’m extremely disappointed, this is the only reason I bought the ring doorbell and I made sure I paid extra for a decent picture. I have tried every step mentioned in this thread, I even got a new router as the error reads like there’s a network connection issue. Not happy.