Live View issues

Hello All,

I’ve been having a repeated issue with viewing my Ring doorbell 3camera from my home. I have combed through teh forum and i’ve noticed there isn’t a answer that covers the live view issue when you are notified through teh Ring App. I have reinstalled the app, default reset the doorbell, power cycled the doorbell, power cycled the rout and modem, as well as confirmed I have the latest firmware. In addition to this I work in teh IT field and I have a wireless router with 2 additionall access points. My current RSSI is (54). I have tested teh bandwidth to the doorbll and it sless than 10 feet away from a wired access point and its gettign 150MBps download speeds. I have tried tried accessing it form home using my network wifi, phone LTE data, as well as using my VPN that connects me directly to my home network only to have the same results. I don’t want to beat a dead horse, but is this issue related to teh firmware because I see that what the consensus is. If anyone can help me or lead me in the right direction it would be great because I woudl like to find a “root” cause. Thank you in advance.

Hi there, @Davis1833! You’ve certainly covered all the best first steps. Video connection concerns are often related to wifi, mobile device, or Ring app communication variables. The best first thing to check is your wifi signal strength, or RSSI, which can be found in the Device Health section of your Ring app. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing this signal strength.

As it sounds like you’ve already explored many network related variables, removing and reinstalling the Ring app is a quick way to ensure it is up to date and optimally integrated with your mobile device. On your mobile device, try testing video on wifi only, and then on data only, to see if either connection is more efficient. Please also ensure bluetooth and VPN is disabled.

If this concern persists despite checking the above variables, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I don’t acces my home network through a VPN when I’m away. The RSSI is typically in teh lower 50’s because of the proximity ot teh accesspoint which is less than 10 ft away. I’ve downloaded the alternaitive rapid ring app to have the same result. I have tested with and without data as well as with and without bluetooth only to get the same results. Is there a firmware update that will be coming out that will resolve this issue?