Live View For Multiple Devices At Once

Multiple cameras are necessary for this system. This is a fundamental feature that should have already been possible to do.

2 Likes

Absolutely. My daughter is waiting for her door bell and 2 cameras. As soon as they sign up expect another vote

@TimsonT wrote:

Hey, I would recommend you to add a feature where you or whoever is using the product can watch a live view on multiple cameras. Yes, there is a live view for each camera for the Windows App. but it would be nice to see multiple live views at once. If I make the ring window smaller, I see the cameras at a perfect size but the cameras only show a pre-recorded picture. If I see a live view of three cameras, it can help a lot of consumers to see what is going on. An average consumer doesnā€™t have 3 or more computers just to look at each camera. It would be a nice update to see multiple live cameras at once.

2 Likes

@VicMacCo wrote:

Absolutely. My daughter is waiting for her door bell and 2 cameras. As soon as they sign up expect another vote

Thatā€™s good because every vote truly counts!

We just made the Top 10 Request List and we need 3 more votes to surpass MyQ Garage Door Integration.

1. :robotsad: Glass break sensor :robotsad:

2. :robotsad: Apple Watch App :robotsad:

3. :robotsad: Option to disable blue light :robotsad:

4. :robotsad: Activate Siren All Cams :robotsad:

5. :robotsad: Apple TV App :robotsad:

6. :robotsad: HomeKit :robotsad:

7. :robotsad: Option Turn off Night Vision :robotsad:

8. :robotmad: MyQ Garage Door Integration :robotmad:

9. :smiley: Live View Multiple Cams Win App :smiley:

10. :robotsad: Ring Alarm - Ring Cam Siren :robotsad:

This is much needed. Ring make this happen!

1 Like

I just purchased 9 cameras and a doorbell but now am shocked how slow they are and that I can not view mutiple cameras at once. Glad I have a 30 days to return. This is not a security system only a clever toy.

1 Like

No multiple camera views, no need for this system besides the fact that when I get live motion event I cant view it till minuets later and many times the recording doesnā€™t start on doorbell cam till person is already gone. Had better camera systems 20 years ago.

1 Like

Indeed. It is unfortunate they did not include multiple live view for cameras. Hopefully they will add it once the request makes it farther up the request list.

Currently this feature is 1 vote away from becoming number 6 on the Top 10 Requested Features list. Maybe that will help it be implemented soon.

CVote!C

I really want to setup multiple Ring cameras the ability to view the feed of multiple cameras in one view is essential. Please prioritise.

1 Like

This should be a built in feature. Hopefully they add this very soon.

Also, if you havenā€™t already, you will want to vote for this other related request as well which needs only 1 more vote to claim the Number 6th rank on the Top 10 Feature Request List. Itā€™s very similar to this request:

https://community.ring.com/t5/Feature-Request-Board/Adding-A-Live-View-For-Multiple-Cameras-on-the-Windows-App/idi-p/23588

Just follow the URL and click the thumbs up icon C in the upper left corner to vote if you havenā€™t already.

This should be a built in feature. Hopefully they add this very soon.

Also, if you havenā€™t already, you will want to vote for this other related request as well which needs only 1 more vote to claim the Number 6th rank on the Top 10 Feature Request List. Itā€™s very similar to this request:

https://community.ring.com/t5/Feature-Request-Board/Adding-A-Live-View-For-Multiple-Cameras-on-the-Windows-App/idi-p/23588

Just follow the URL and click the thumbs up icon C in the upper left corner to vote if you havenā€™t already.

This request is well pass 50 ā€œthumbs upā€ and still no action. The people at Ring should /need to realize this feature would be a great marketing point.

With mulitple outside and inside cameras installed, it makes absolutely no sense I can view all the cameras at once on an iPhone or iPad (wireless), but the OSX app only shows one camera at a time (hardwired).

2 Likes

@smp75

Would you say that your feature request is identical to this one?

Or, is it not exactly identical?

Because if you agreed that it was identical, we should be able to consolidate the votes and close your request down.

Adding A Live View For Multiple Cameras on the Windows App is at 71 votes (6 votes away from the Top 5 List).

If yours could be consolidated into it, we would be able to move up the Top 5 list substantially.

What would need to happen is, of the 26 votes your request has, any that are duplicates would be filtered out and the remaining ones could bump the 71 votes of the other request into the 80ā€™s range.

Thoughts?

@Nutsaboutcars

Would you say that your feature request is identical to this one?

https://community.ring.com/t5/Feature-Request-Board/Adding-A-Live-View-For-Multiple-Cameras-on-the-Wā€¦

Or, is it not exactly identical?

Because if you agreed that it was identical, we should be able to consolidate the votes and close your request down.

Adding A Live View For Multiple Cameras on the Windows App is at 71 votes (6 votes away from the Top 5 List).

If yours could be consolidated into it, we would be able to move up the Top 5 list substantially.

What would need to happen is, of the 23 votes your request has, any that are duplicates would be filtered out and the remaining ones could bump the 71 votes of the other request into the 80ā€™s range.

Thoughts?

@RingMaster2

Thanks for the message. It is a very similar request, and I voted for that request as well. But I think this applies to more than Windows Apps. This feature should be present at least across iOS and Android apps as well for view on phone or tablet. For Nest, I had a tablet setup just to view all cameras at once. I donā€™t think it is a complicated feature besides accounting for streaming bandwidth.

So overall, these two requests could be consolidated in terms of the concept. Ring should just apply it to apps for all platforms.

@smp75

" Ring should just apply it to apps for all platforms."

Agreed.

This is where the vote counting becomes complicated. I would like to see the feature for all platforms as well but I would admit that my primary platform choice is Windows and then IOS because I use my Ring cameras more often on my PC than on my tablet and phone, but it is still important for me to view multiple cameras on those devices as well. Some of the voters for the Windows App request also want it for other platforms.

The Request board is brand new (only created in March), so they havenā€™t worked out a great solution to determine the differences between requests which results in the proper number of votes being skewed. Some are exact duplicates, and others are very similar that could be reworded to accomodate both requests.

I think all of these are related enough that if they could be combined and reworded, they would together take the Number 1 position on the list. The number 1 position currently has only 113 votes. The 4 similar Multiple Camera Live View requests have 130 votes before accounting for duplicate voters. If the combined total after removing duplicate voters isnā€™t at least 113, it would be close enough to take the Number 2 location and make number 1 shortly after. Instead, our request will only be at Number 5 soon instead of Number 1 where it belongs because the requests are currently divided.

74 Votes:

26 Votes:

https://community.ring.com/t5/Feature-Request-Board/View-Multiple-Live-Cameras-Dashboard/idi-p/26343

24 Votes:

https://community.ring.com/t5/Feature-Request-Board/Watching-6-live-ring-camera-streams-on-one-screen-or-app/idi-p/39802

6 Votes:

https://community.ring.com/t5/Feature-Request-Board/Live-view-for-Multiple-cameras-on-app-and-pc/idi-p/38605

I have 6 Ring Cameras and want to have one screen with all 6 running ā€˜liveā€™ video at the same time. As you know now its one by one ā€˜liveā€™ not multiple.

Essentially we want Ring to do what regular security camera companies do.

One screen, all cameras running live feed video at the same time. It would also make this a more commercial offering for security and businesses like convenience stores, businesses, etc.

@TimsonT wrote:

Hey, I would recommend you to add a feature where you or whoever is using the product can watch a live view on multiple cameras. Yes, there is a live view for each camera for the Windows App. but it would be nice to see multiple live views at once. If I make the ring window smaller, I see the cameras at a perfect size but the cameras only show a pre-recorded picture. If I see a live view of three cameras, it can help a lot of consumers to see what is going on. An average consumer doesnā€™t have 3 or more computers just to look at each camera. It would be a nice update to see multiple live cameras at once. This would also be a nice feature on the app if possible. Thank you!

1 Like

I have to agree this is an essential feature required. It would be good to see 2 on a phone also.

1 Like

Please RING, add this feature. You offer a great video surveillance sysetm for a great reasonable cost, yet this basic feature is missing. Please-Please-Please. Thank you.

1 Like

PLEASE! I have a specific need to view live feeds for certain time frames. Currently, the only way I have found around this are these methods:

• iPad OS - You can open Rapid Ring and Ring side-by-side to get 2 live camera feeds
  • Mac OS - Write a 1 liner AppleScript that lets you launch multiple Ring app instances, tedious but works. Proves that it is intentionally being limited by the devs.
  • Use multiple devices at once

This also needs to come with disablement of the 10-minute live view limit. Iā€™m sure the concern on Rings end is storage space consumption, Iā€™d even be open to a lower storage retention period to have these features. Hell, Iā€™d even write it for you if it were Open Source.

1 Like

This feature is long overdue. I have 2 cameras and planning to add a third. I need to be able to view all cameras simultaneously to provide that ring security around the property as advertised. Network perfomance should not be a problem. I used to have 4 IP cameras on my home network and was able to view them all at the same time with a client app.

1 Like