Live view after doorbell rung and rich notification no longer work

Live view after doorbell is rung and rich notifications no longer work after installing solar panels

Hey all. So I recently bought 2 ring super solar panels to hookup my battery spotlight cams to. Weird thing is ever since then both rich notifications for both motion and when people ring the doorbell just don’t work/trigger at all. Also, when someone rings my doorbell and I open either ring app or the rapid ring app both apps are stuck forever in “Loading” when I click live view and after a few minutes fail. However if I wait a few minutes or randomly throughout the day and click “live view” it opens instantly and can see it live.
Devices are:
2x battery spotlights each one with 2 batteries and a super solar panel hooked up to it
1x Ring doorbell 4 (battery)
1x chime pro
1x chime
1x ring alarm system (2nd gen)

Also plan I have is “Protect pro”. However I noticed that when I got the solar panels I was given 1 month free trial of protect pro, when I’ve had that plan paid (monthly) for months now. Maybe that’s why?

Internet speed is 1,000 mbps up and down. Router is Archer AX11000. All chime and cameras are connected directly router. Only the doorbell is connected to the Chime pro network. Cameras have a RSSI of 38. Doorbell of 42. Chime pro has RSSI of 23. However if I connect doorbell directly to router RSSI jumps to 72 even thought it’s the same distance from router to doorbell as the router to any of the cameras.

Any ideas I’d appreciate thanks

Hi @manny0615. For intermittent Live View concerns, I’d recommend checking out our Community Post on Live View for a list of troubleshooting tips and tricks. When the Live View doesn’t work, it could have various different causes, so this list will help you check through the possible causes in order to find a solution that works.

As for the Rich Notifications, there are a few different troubleshooting steps you can try in order to get these working again. Try toggling the Rich Notifications off, rebooting your smartphone, and then toggling the Rich Notifications back on. You can follow the steps below to turn Rich Notifications off and back on:

• On the Ring app Dashboard , tap the three-lines at the upper-left of the screen.
  • Tap Device and select a device.
  • Go to Device Settings.
  • Tap Rich Notifications.
  • Activate or deactivate Rich Notifications.

It’s also important to note that for iOS devices, the Low Data Mode toggle needs to remain off in order for Rich Notifications to work. On Android devices, a setting called Background Data needs to be toggled on in order for Rich Notifications to work.

If these suggestions don’t help and you’re still unable to access Live View or receive Rich Notifications, please follow up with our support team at one of the numbers available here. They can provide more advanced troubleshooting assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: