Live-Video only shows message "activating device ..."

This product is very disappointing overall. My device is literally 5 meters away from state of the art WIFI AP, and on the exact same spot my iphone reports full power for the same wifi network. It’s the poor wifi antenna design inside RING device that hinders wifi transmission, not my network. Are we expected to mount wifi router outside next to the freakin RING??? This excuse of a doorbell is going back to the shop.

Hey neighbors! Live View connection concerns or your Live View ending when trying to activate it is often related to the network or mobile device connection, and so these are the best variables to start with. Please check the following:

• A good RSSI , or signal strength, in the Device Health section of your Ring app.
  • Battery is sufficiently charged if applicable.
  • Wifi speeds, interferences, and distance to router.
  • Test live video on cellular data only, and on wifi only, with your mobile device.
  • Disable any VPN on Data Saver on your mobile device to ensure they are not interrupting the Live View.
  • If you are using Android, please check out our Help Center article about conflicting apps to see if it applies.

Try also our Rapid Ring app , which is designed for this quickest access to Live View.

In addition to the suggestions in this thread, feel free to also check out our Community post for Live View troubleshooting steps.

If these concerns persist, our support team will be happy to take a closer look for you. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. We appreciate everyone taking the time to share their experience in detail and we hope this helps!

1 Like