Live video notifications

Greetings,I don’t know if this is the right place for this.

I’m having issues with my the ring app, as of two days ago I stopped receiving instant video notifications. I have an iPad set up on my desk with the app opened & when the cameras picked up a motion the video will pop up automatically/instantly. I had the settings on the app set up to do this, now those settings/options are gone, or were moved & after several frustrating hours of looking, I can’t seemed to find that option.
Now, when there is motion detected, I get the audio notification, but no instant video & I have to reach out and click to open the live feed.
Thanks in advance for any help

Hi there, @Rickadoo! As long as your motion alerts toggles are enabled in the Ring app, a motion notification should appear on the mobile device you are using. When a motion is triggered, a notification banner will appear, allowing you to tap it in order to visit the Ring app and answer the event. If this is not the case, please ensure all Ring app permissions are accepted on your mobile device and that there is not a vpn enabled.

As for the automatic displaying of an event, I touched base with my team on this and wanted to provide a quick update. It looks like there was some changes that removed this feature in the Ring App, so if you’d like a Live View to automatically be pulled up with motion, you may want to look into an Echo Show to accomplish this. You can find information on what features are available with the Alexa and Ring integration in our Help Center here.

With that said, feel free to leave your feedback or suggestions regarding keeping this as a permanent feature on our Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. :slight_smile:

Well I went and spent about 120 & bought the echo, & guess what, they don’t offer that feature, luckily I can return it. I don’t know, I could be wrong, but I feel this is something you should all know regarding your products and what kind of services they can offer to other devices like the echo. I purchased 5 floodlight security cameras spending very well over 1500 Plus the 650$ I spent on the electrician to install them because the feature of automatically bringing up video when there was motion detected, and then the video feature was removed.? Cmon, why? This whole setup is now useless for me, & all that money wasted, now I have to look into seeing if I can sell em at a loss of course. Can you guys bring back that other feature? And why not?

Thank you

To your first paragraph, yes, when a motion is triggered a banner comes up that I have to click on in order to see what’s going on, yes that is still happening because the feature that the company removed would have automatically brought up the video without me having to click on it. The touchscreen monitor used to sit at an end table near my desk were I would glance over when there was a notification because it would alert me & then come up automatically, now, now it sits on my desk, where there is no room for it and I have to stop what I’m doing when there is a notification and reach, and I mean reach cause it sit at the far end of the desk and click on it, cmon I know you know that would be inconvenient, you know you like be be confortable at your desk/workstation and not have to do annoying things.

P.s. when I say you & your, I mean the ring company, not you personally, unless I’m talking to Bot, which I probably am and this will fall on deaf bot ears

Thank you

Hi @Rickadoo. Happy to chime for Marley here. I’ll share what has worked for me, and maybe you can see benefit to it. First, I have Rich Notifications turned on for my devices, which you can find out about here. When an Motion Event happens, I look at my iPad or iPhone to see a preview of what’s happening. If it is something that requires my attention, I use the command, “Alexa, show me the Front Door” to open the Live View on my Amazon Echo.

I understand this is not the same as Automatic Live View, but it is a great alternative that I’ve found to use a lot less battery on my iPad. Hopefully, this routine will help bring new life to your Ring ecosystem.

PS- I promise I’m not a robot :robot: …beep boop boop lol