Live streaming does not work anymore - but it did before!

Hi, I’ve come across this strange situation and I’m hoping someone here can help me fix it.

I have several different geographical locations monitored by Ring cameras, all in different continents. All are residential. The cameras are mostly a mix of Stickup Camera battery (solar powered) or plugin, and some Stickup Camera Elite with POE. All have been working for except for one location which has just started exhibiting this issue.

All of a sudden I don’t get any live stream anymore for that location. All cameras, wired and wireless both. The cameras all detect motion and send alerts, they take snapshots and I can see them in the preview but every time I click to live stream the camera just goes into a “loading” loop until it gives a streaming error. Events recorded on the timeline show a black image and the error "this event was not recorded correctly ".

The issue is only for this location but just to test the camera and isolate any network related issues (at this location my network is a bit more complex with a switch and hardware firewall but with the same hardware the cameras are working before) I took the camera to my office and tried it with a another network with no firewall. I get the same issue! No streaming or recording but I get motion alerts and snapshots.

Is it a network related issues? Are the cameras somehow corrupted as they are not working at a fresh location as well? The other cameras at the other locations all work perfectly fine. Could it be a regional thing? Does Ring now block streaming from certain regions?

I doubt it’s a wifi connection issue as the POE cameras aren’t working either and they are hard wired. I would appreciate any advice on this matter, thank you.

I started a new topic yesterday (it’s called ‘Stick Up Cam (3rd gen) not showing live view anymore’) and I see a lot of similarities in your story. Makes me think it’s either an issue with the firmware or the app.

Hi @user31767. First, as a test, try connecting your Cam to a WiFi hotspot and attempting Live View from your phone and from Ring.com. If you are able to Live View with the setup, we’ll know that the issue with within your network. If you are still unable to Live View, you’ll need to reach out to our support team to deep dive into what is happening here. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.